General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

atv help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv help

I have a problem with a 90 cc . So i can turn it on fine but when I switch it up to 1 to take off and push the throttle it makes a loud noise as if where going real fast but it moves slow worst when I try going to 2 and 3 it's a Chinese brand and I don't know much about atvs yet but I'm learning any tips advice help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like a clutch slipping whether it has a wet plate clutch or a cvt system.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

To switch the gears i just push the lever with my foot up or down how could I know for certain what is the problem @ old Polaris tech

Old 05-07-2015, 05:33 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it shifts into each gear ok,but won't move,then sounds like either a clutch system or final drive problem whether it's chain driven or shaft driven.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

2 things to check into. Not sure if yours has a cable operated clutch on the bar but make sure that is not adjusted to tight, should be some slight play in the cable. If its auto their may be another place to tighten up the clutch if its slipping. Also any idea what kind of oil may be in it? May not be clutch safe oil. Had a old kingquad that someone had just tossed in what ever they had. Slipped like crazy did a few oil changes on it and it was much better. Still slipped slightly but was rideable

Old 05-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is no hand clutch only a foot gear lever I think the persons who had it before did make some adjustments the first week I had it it was working great kicking *** now that I think about a few times it was hard kicking it down to neutral and Rev from 1st

Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will try the oil witch one is the best though? I know the gas is going thru it's just when I kick it up to 1st to take off the Rev noise it's just to loud than before and it's moving slow worse for second and third after it feels the motor warms up a bit

Old 05-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
2 things to check into. Not sure if yours has a cable operated clutch on the bar but make sure that is not adjusted to tight, should be some slight play in the cable. If its auto their may be another place to tighten up the clutch if its slipping. Also any idea what kind of oil may be in it? May not be clutch safe oil. Had a old kingquad that someone had just tossed in what ever they had. Slipped like crazy did a few oil changes on it and it was much better. Still slipped slightly but was rideable
Zrock thanks

Old 05-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
If it shifts into each gear ok,but won't move,then sounds like either a clutch system or final drive problem whether it's chain driven or shaft driven.
There is no hand clutch only a foot gear lever bit now that I think about it the lever did get stuck a few time right now they switch up and down fine its just when I switch it up to 1st to take off it make a loud exaggerated Rev noise and doesn't move fast at all worse on 2nd and 3rd doesn't even move just makes the loud Rev noise ... thanks old polaris tech