Looking For Info On SKS Rifle - Page 3 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

just Google........ Arizona-Gun-Arizona Motorcycle Seat, their a lot of pics of it & different ones! I found it on a Harley site I hang out on but can't find the thread now...LOL if I find it ill post it
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

heres one for the quad made by RAM...(I love this type crap)

Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, it looks like a nice bike and pistol. I just keep looking at the leather work, its really some nice work. Did you also notice that part of the exhaust in the picture is also wraped in leather.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Trailblazer

SKS rifles in 7.62x39 caliber with 10 round built in mag, featuring hardwood stock, folding blade bayonet and milled components is a good gun but in my opinion it is too old to take, try some new guns in the market and you can get better gun than this one.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldBWiley View Post
SKS rifles in 7.62x39 caliber with 10 round built in mag, featuring hardwood stock, folding blade bayonet and milled components is a good gun but in my opinion it is too old to take, try some new guns in the market and you can get better gun than this one.

I totally disagree with this statement. The SKS may be an old rifle, but it is more than capable of holding its own out in the field, and parts and accessories are available just about any were. It may not have the round capacity of a lots of newer rifles, but its easy to reload with stripper clips, so your not out of the action but for a few seconds during a reload.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:18 AM
Trailblazer

SKS is a hammer fired gun. Safety switch is located inside the triggerguard. SKS features a single-piece wooden stock, a hooded post-type front sight and a range-adjustable open rear sight. Military-issue SKS carbines are equipped with non-detachable bayonets, that could be folded down and backward when not in use. It is an extremely best all round weapon. But, for the civilian use it is very hard to handle.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldBWiley View Post
SKS is a hammer fired gun. Safety switch is located inside the triggerguard. SKS features a single-piece wooden stock, a hooded post-type front sight and a range-adjustable open rear sight. Military-issue SKS carbines are equipped with non-detachable bayonets, that could be folded down and backward when not in use. It is an extremely best all round weapon. But, for the civilian use it is very hard to handle.

I don`t know were you are getting your information on the SKS ?, The bayonet on some SKS`s are held in place with a rivet, but the rivet is not hard to remove if you want to remove the bayonet. Others are held in place with a screw and are removable.

The SKS is in no way hard to handle at all, and any person with basic knowledge of semi auto rifles would be able to handle an SKS quite well.

I have owned at least eight different SKS`s over the years, all made by various country`s, and while some were better made than others, they are a great rifle for anyone to own and shoot.