Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Announces its 2016s

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Honda Announces its 2016s

Honda has made its first 2016 ATV line announcement and we have the full scoop here:

Honda Announces 2016 Line - ATVConnection.com

Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda’s lineup of FourTrax ATVs is second to none, and with the expansion of IRS options, we’re confident our No. 1 position will accelerate this year.”
A feature everyone had 15 years ago or more is a "breakthrough"? More like a "catchup". They only offered diff lock since last year.

“Honda’s position as the top ATV seller in America is a result of our focus on the customer,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda
Are they sure of that? I see many ATVs out on the trail and at the cottage and in the back of trucks and trailers . Maybe it's where I live but Yamaha and Polaris seem to be more numerous.

Seems Like I see a lot more Can-AMs also now.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honda sells more atvs because they have so many different models, too many if you ask me. From what I've heard of the dct transmission Honda brags about, it simply can't shift fast enough to compete with a cvt. I'd rather buy an ES model that I can shift for myself. I can't believe that they still haven't updated that old and tired Recon. Make it a little bigger and give it a little more power or something. I also can't believe the Rincon still exists, figured Honda would mothball that one.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

The still have only one 4x4 that's over 30hp and none over 40hp, that has to kill sales in a modern market.
If anything they are going backwards. The Rubicon use to have a 32hp 499cc motor now it has the Foreman's 28hp 475cc.

I know their was a lot of Hondas in the 90s and very early 2000s but I think they lost the sales record since then. If you go on youtube to these large ATV party events with hundreds of ATVs everywhere there seems to not be a high number of Hondas.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Just my opinion here. Kind of reminds of the cop at an accident trying to move traffic along. "Nothing to see here, move along." Just my own .02 worth.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Farmers, gamekeepers and all the other people who use Quads for work don't go in for "ATV party events" as a rule. They do buy Hondas in large numbers because they are reliable and get the job done. They are still the only maker that seals all wiring connectors, take a look on here for how many faults come up with wires and switches. They did loose the plot a bit round 2006 with the faulty gearbox on the 500 and the 420 had a dodgy rear axle. Both these problems have been solved, though the 420 only got the new rear axles last year. As for too many models, if you discount the Rincon (and who doesn't) they have two 4WD models the 420 and the 500, lots of options, with swinging arm or IRS, power steering and manual, ES or auto change but I think other makers have more completely different bikes.

Odd that Honda should announce the 2016 models so early in 2015, particularly as the big changes seem to have been in the last two years, with little new for next year.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:27 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

They have endless posts about the ES problems and angle sensors on this site. Enough that a sticky on fixing them should be posted.

#1 seller is a heck of a claim.

I think if people went to a 200 member ATV poker run that Honda is no longer the most numerous now a days and they would out number farmers.

Even on this forum Honda's are not the most numerous of the brands.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honda has always had the reputation for the best quality and reliability. Still the only utility quad you can actually shift for yourself, other than the little Suzuki Ozark. Still one of the better values if you get a 500 Foreman without irs or power steering, a good workhorse that won't break the bank. I've seen them advertised for under $6000 with ES. Where else can you get a 500 class 4x4 for that price? Answer is nowhere. The power numbers lie a bit because you don't get the power loss as with a cvt transmission, but yes the 500 Foreman falls a bit short of the other 500 class machines in performance but still is no slug. How many of them will last for more than a decade requiring only routine maintenance? Most likely only Honda. It would be nice if they would drop the Rincon though and create a real big bore machine with a v-twin that makes some serious power. Something comparable to at least a Grizzly 700 or Brute Force, at least 50 hp and still can be ultra reliable. I see the only problem would be that Honda's premium models with all the bells and whistles are a bit too expensive already. Add a bigger, more powerful engine and the price would drive customers to go to other brands that offer better performance for the same price or even less.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can believe Honda still outsells the others, but it is by a slim margin these days I would think. Worldwide you are not going to see the Polaris and Can Am sales, as they don't have the dealer base and support base. Also, you have to look across all models, and Honda sport quads still sell well across the globe too. Plus a lot of us 40 plussers out there that have just always known Honda to be a known thing when buying. Heck, just about to finish that top end on my 86 and get her out for another season. How many Polaris are still around from the 80's?

I am hoping for a revised edition of the 450R and hope that and the 400ex not being announced here are not indicitive of anything. While I am not in the market for a new machine, I would hate to see these go the way of the 300ex.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:55 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I've seen them advertised for under $6000 with ES. Where else can you get a 500 class 4x4 for that price? Answer is nowhere.
Maybe where you live but if you go by MSRP the Foreman SRA is the same as the 500KQ and more then the 570 Polaris, both of which have much more power, better rear brakes and Suspension. 2015 Honda FourTrax® Foreman® 4x4 ES (TRX500FE1F) ATVs

The new 570 has more power then the 680 Rincon let alone the Foreman/Rubicon.

2015 Honda FourTrax® Foreman® 4x4 ES (TRX500FE1F) ATVs

The 5 speed does not make up for its lack of power vs others 500s. My friend I ride with has a 500 Foreman 28hp and I easily beat him with my SP500 35hp in acceleration and top speed and his ATV also weigh 100lbs less.
Also if Im in low range I can out pull him as well.

If 5 speeds are more efficient then CVT its not enough to make up for a 7hp handicap even with a 100lb lighter weight advantage.

Honda has improved with IRS ,rear disk and diff lock all they have to do is lose the low reving OHV motors and match every ones power. The have two great OHC motors from the XR650 and 700xx all they have to do is stick it in a Rubicon chassis and they are back in the game.

Quick Reply: Honda Announces its 2016s