Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2001 Honda Rubicon Shifting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Honda Rubicon Shifting Issues

I know this question has came up a hundred times already, I've searched thru them all. I've tried alot of the things that have came up thru out the posts I've searched. I'm still having issues. What its doing is, when you turn the key on, the N gear indicator blinks for a few seconds then I get the -- and the D1 D2 and ESP flashes. It acts like its stuck in second gear as it will run but won't go above 22 or 23 mph. It stutters in reverse. I have tried retrieving codes on it, but I don't think I'm doing it right. The -- is blinking so fast I can't keep up with it to see the code. It does a steady -- then it will do kind of an intermittent --. The things I have tried are changing the shift angle sensor, removed the shift motor and turned the gear inside. It spun freely when I did this and was not locked up. I checked the plugs on the ECM to make sure they were tight. I did the initialization and got the buzzing noise. After it buzzes the N will come back on for a few seconds then it goes right back to the -- again.

I would appreciate any help you guys have to offer. You have a great site here and its been very helpful for me thru the years. I just can't seem to figure this issue out. Again, thanks for your time and any replies are very much appreciated.