Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Saw the Rincon today! Pretty nice but.................

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the local Honda dealer after looking at the new Rincon. Pretty sweet! Since this is the Honda forum, I thought I would post this here and get your responses.

Although the Rincon looks very cool, I have read that the tranny may not give the same feel of performance as a standard CVT from Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. and evan feels "lazy". Also, this quad does not have a "low range". I do like the independent rear suspension and overall, Honda make extremmley reliable products. My questions are, #1 since there is no low range, should this be a consideration if I aam going to use it for serious rock crawling? #2, Honda products are typically as reliable as any in the marketplace but, this is a brand new quad for Honda with alot of new technologies for them, tranny, rear suspension, motor, selectable drive (2x4 vs. 4x4), should I just wait until the "bugs" are worked out?

That Kawasaki 650 is looking pretty good!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 12:28 AM
RIP Dear Friend

The transmission will end up being better than a CVT and quicker.

Chet

Old 08-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

And harder and more expensive to work on, especially on the trail.

Old 08-20-2002, 12:46 AM
RIP Dear Friend

<< And harder and more expensive to work on, especially on the trail. >>

You are 100 percent correct on that statement.

Chet

Old 08-20-2002, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

<< &lt;&lt; And harder and more expensive to work on, especially on the trail. &gt;&gt; >>

If you were driving through the forest in a truck and the transmission went out, would you break out the tools and fix it right there?.... No..

Don't fear the Honda Transmission.... Anything can break at anytime...

That's why God invented tow straps...lol

Old 08-20-2002, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, I think you all maybe right!. Honda spends millions of dollars to design a new transmission and I just don't know if I would want to be the first on the block to have one. As for FastMud's comment of the tranny in my truck, unless you live under a rock, most truck automatic trannys have been tested,revised and improved by all the manufactures for years! C'mon guys, you got to try harder to convince me Honda hit a &quot;home run&quot; with the Rincon.

Bring on the answers.....................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2002, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

everyones so up tight on the new trans. they've been in cars/trucks for years, and they get 300,000 miles on them and they're still going.

if anything i think this trans will preform better than the belt ones. i think honda would of taken care of the low range thing with a low speed first gear. so don't worry. the rincon beats the p650 in a race, or at the very least ties.

Old 08-20-2002, 01:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Rincon,

I agree, auto trannys have been around for years but, when was the last time you saw one, with a hydraulic converter in an ATV? Like anything else that is new and different, it may take some time to work out the &quot;bugs&quot;. Also, I think RaptorFM660r may have something in that &quot;The transmission will end up being better than a CVT and quicker&quot;, but when and how long will it take Honda to get it right? As for the maintenance, wouldn't a belt be cheaper to replace than a torque converter?

What about the missing &quot;low range&quot;? Does this concern anyone?

Old 08-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

The Rincon is designed that if you have a trans failure in the field you can lock it in second gear to drive it home. I picked mine up yesterday and I love how this thing shifts, it is truly different from any other bike I've riden.

Old 08-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

ostie,

Very Cool, and congrats on the new Rincon! I assume you don't have any concerns about the new machine. What other 4x4's did you look at before spending the BIG bucks on the Rincon and what was the deciding factor that made up your mind? Also, I have asked this before, the Rincon does NOT have a &quot;low range&quot;. does this concern anyone? Maybe the other machines in the class don't need &quot;low range&quot; too. I would be interested in hearing if other Honda riders use the &quot;low range&quot; on there machines or is it just a marketing tool.

Let the games begin.......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Saw the Rincon today! Pretty nice but.................