Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to buy a new 650 rincon and was wondering if someone has one now that they can tell me abit about. what they ride like,power,comfort etc cause here in Newfoundland they have not arrived yet,they are not expected to arrive until December 2002.Any infomation will bed well appreciated.

Old 09-15-2002, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

newfieboy58, I was interested in the Rincon also, but it looks like it will be about $11,500 in B.C.. It sounds like a good quad, as powerful as the rest and at least as comfortable as a Grizzly, but I can get a 650 prairie for $8,900, or a Grizzly for about $10,000. There is no way in my mind that the Rincon is worth that much more than a Prairie or a Grizzly,and the best deal by far that I have been offered is on the Prairie. We're talking about $2600 Canadian. That is a lot of money. If they were all the same price I would consider the Rincon, but I'd have to ride it first. I have ridden the others and they are impressive. The lack of engine braking on the Rincon is a major concern to me, and I wonder how it performs climbing steep hills. I sure wouldn't want the transmission to downshift under load and end up going over backwards. Thats what I like about the belt drives---no shifting, just a smooth ratio change. I hope you ride them all before you buy one.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Text Thanks jscyoung for your response. I was always a honda man and really wanted to get a rhonda again. What do you think of the 500 rubincon do you think this is a better machine. I need a machine to set a plow on for snowand also joy riding cause I have one here off my my 400 foreman. The terrain here is not bad for riding mostly bogs and logging roads not many hills. I can get a 2002 rurincon for 10,000 out the door in Nova Scotia. Do you think the rincon would work good with a plow. Thanks for the reply

Old 09-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

The Rubicon is great with a plow and everything else it does!I have 8600km on mine and every time I ride the Rubicon it puts a smile on my face.Love to wheelie with it!

Jscyoung: You could not get a discount of the retail from any dealers down at your end? I am guessing the Rincon will have a retail of a 11500 but I will be getting it for 10 349,if 11500 ends up being the actual retail of the rincon! Yes it is much more then the Prairie and a tad more then a grizzly.

Good luck with what ever you do newfieboy58!

Old 09-15-2002, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

<< The Rubicon is great with a plow and everything else it does!I have 8600km on mine and every time I ride the Rubicon it puts a smile on my face.Love to wheelie with it!

Jscyoung: You could not get a discount of the retail from any dealers down at your end? I am guessing the Rincon will have a retail of a 11500 but I will be getting it for 10 349,if 11500 ends up being the actual retail of the rincon! Yes it is much more then the Prairie and a tad more then a grizzly.

Good luck with what ever you do newfieboy58!
>>

Goattrotter are you planning on getting the rincon. Do you think it will work great with a plow. The rincon I understand is alot like the rubincon for shifting. Thanks again for the reply

Old 09-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Goattrotter are you planning on getting the rincon. Do you think it will work great with a plow. The rincon I understand is alot like the rubincon for shifting. Thanks again for the reply

Old 09-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

I am getting a Rincon and yes I believe it will plow with ease!

Do you plan on putting lots of weight on the back of the Rincon? If yes I would say the Rubicon would be better!

The Rincon shifts no way near the way a Rubicon does . They are two diff... beast.

I keep my bikes stock ,including tires so I think the Rincon will be awesome.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

How do you now how it works if neither of you have ridden a Rincon. Canada unfortuneately is always 6 months behind the US I too am interested in the bike but unless someone who actually has been on one and put it through its pases you can't tell and you don't now. I would trust someone with one on one knowledge as opposed to mere speculation. Pictures are nice and the crap the magazines put out trying to boost their sales are not promoting truth we all would appreciate. With the price tag set so high I beleive Honda is going on their name alone whether or not the bike is the second best thing in the world is yet to be accomplished. A true head to head match up is the only way we all can see the results. I am eventually going to sell my 450ES and get an IRS bike only because I am tired of bouncing down the trails and the incurrable three wheel drive. I hope this Rincon is the answer but at 10500 that is rediculous. Has anyone tried a new 400 Bombardier? These are my views I would still like to hear from someone who has one.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

newfieboy58, I'm sure that any utility or sport/utility quad with at least 300CC and 4 wheel drive will handle a plow just fine for most jobs. Ask your dealer if the automatic transmission on the Rincon is up to the challenge. You probably just have to leave it in low gear.
There certainly isn't anything wrong with loving Hondas. If you buy one, it will probably work great. I bought a Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 in /97 because (to my surprise)it rode much better than a Foreman. It was my first Kawasaki product. It has been an excellent quad so I have no regrets. I would love to have a new one as I want something faster. I have been offered a super deal on a new Prairie, but I can't afford it right now.
To answer goattrotter about deals on others, I haven't really tried very hard. The Honda dealer won't even see a Rincon until next year, so price is mainly speculation on the dealers part. Even if they come down a lot, it will be much more than a Prairie, and I would have to really love it to pay any more than a Prairie.
newfieboy58,right now the Honda dealer is asking about 10,000 for a Rubicon here also. Its a nice quad, but there is no way that it is worth as much as a Prairie to me let alone about 1000 dollars more. If it was 1000 dollars LESS, I would still buy the Prairie. I love the power and speed of the Prairie, plus it has several features that the Rubicon doesn't have. I think the Rubicon is more utility oriented, and was around before all the new big bores came out, so I don't think it is even a fair comparison. I am amazed that they are asking that much for one.
Before you spend all that money, try to ride all the top line brands. I love Hondas also, but nearly all the other manufacturers are very close to Honda as far as quality goes, and from what I've seen, even Polaris has improved a lot. You may be surprised by which brand feels best to you if you ride them with an open mind. My advice is to go by price and features that suit you.