Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 50cc Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50cc Won't Start

We bought a 50cc Kazuma that would not start. We have checked pretty much everything and everything seems to be fine. It is getting spark and has enough compression and it is getting fuel to the carb. We have tried bypassing the kill switch on the handlebars and still nothing. It cranks but will not start. We have tried ctarting fluid and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone have a owners manual for these? Please let me know trying to get it running before Christmas!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

Double check all the wiring,even under the plastic sleeves under the gas tank. My son's had a tether kill switch and anoter one by the grab bar.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Even if it has spark? Wouldn't it kill the spark?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah the kill switch does just that..takes the spark away. I would first replace the plug, yes even though you are getting spark. You said your compression check out but you didn't say exactly how many psi it was. Next stop carb, even though you are getting fuel to it, I would take it completely apart cand clean it from top to bottom, jets and all. Also, be leary of starting fluid. Used too much can fry rings. Good luck.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my son a Kazuma 50 and had problems getting it started. The problem was that the air/fuel mixture screw was adjusted all the way in, I adjusted it out about one and a half turns and it has ran good since. I also put an NGK c7hsa plug. hope these helps.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know exactly how much compression it needs. Seems like plenty. We were getting spark before and as we were trying to start it-- then we lost spark so we disconnected all the kill switches and got the spark back. Now it seems like we are not getting gas to the spark plug- we completely cleaned out every inch of the carb with cleaner and air. It did have sand in it. Any other ideas. We are completely stumped!

Old 12-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have fixed a couple of chinese 49 - 50 cc quads that wont start by tightening the intake, they seem to vibrate loose and if you don't pay attention it will be enough that you get too lean, (Too much air)....

Old 12-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay-- we changed the plug, it is new. The intake is tightened down. I do find a wire underneath the seat that is turquiose color with a reddish/pink stripe that is not attached to anything but I cannot find where it would go. It attaches to a part inside the chain cover anyone know what this is for? and if it should be connected to something? ANyone have the wiring diagram or owners manual?

Old 12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Its in chinese.......

Old 12-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

As long as I can see if all wires are connected- and where too! I might be able to get help reading the damn thing!

Quick Reply: Kazuma 50cc Won't Start