Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Shineray 150cc Electrical Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shineray 150cc Electrical Problem!

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I joined because I am having an issue with my Chinese made Shineray 150cc atv.

I have installed a new battery, but none of the electrical systems work. No lights, no ignition, no start. Nothing seems to work..

Any idea what the problem could be? Where to start?

Thanks

Old 06-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

inline fuse good? have you checked the wiring quick connects on the entire wiring harness/loom? look under the headlight plastics at those quick connects. look on the backside of the keyed ignition to make sure those terminations are intact. i don't think the problem is in the "on/off/on" red slider switch on the left handlebar because you stated that you ain't got nothing nowhere. so, with the aforementioned directions, that's where i'd start. let us know how that turns out. by the way, a volt meter/ohm meter would come in handy. you don't have to have an expensive one...a cheap harbor freight one will do just fine. that's what i use. i got 6 of them cheap $5 ones in my toolboxes.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply,

I looked at the fuse and all connections..all seem to be fine! I also checked the battery connecters and cleaned them (had residue). Checked behind ignition switch for disconnected wires..nope, nothing. All seems to be okay.

But i tested over and over again, and still no signs of electrical power!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

apply the brakes, take a screwdriver and jump the solenoid posts. just do it long enough to see if the starter spins from the battery. if so, then we'll need to dig in to the rest of the loom with continuity checks. it already sounds like a wiring deficiency. after you do that, disconnect each quick connect and look at the inside of the connectors. check the "pins/needles" of the wires inside of each connector and see if they all are at the same length or if one may be pushed back so as to not make a good connection. this should be a fairly simple solution, just a matter of time and patience to find it.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

did you test the fuse? sometimes them inline fuses look good to the naked eye but are actually spent towards the ends where you can't see them. please do a continuity check on it OR replace it with a same size fuse (should be at least a 7 amp or less fuse).

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry for late reply,

Fuse tested and looks ok. How can I "jump the solenoid posts" exactly? I don't have much experience as you can tell lol.

All pins and needles with connections are just fine as well..agh..I need to figure this out!

Can there be some bigger problem?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

see the solenoid? there 2 posts on it. what you do is take a screwdriver or open box end wrench and "connect" the 2 posts together with the tool. that'll complete the circuit temporarily just to test the starter. at the time mark of 0:45, you'll see the screwdriver and how to "jump the posts" on the solenoid.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

just had similar issues with mine...ignition switch