OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Send Obama a message!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolumad273
The elderly are becoming the largest block of the population, the vast majority of which are on Social Security (government's teat), which they paid into their whole lives, and deserve. The rest the 47% are people who work, but might also receive government aid for health insurance, or other programs. They work, they just don't make enough to live. Yeah, the current administration should look into it, they should mandate livable wages. Then everyone is off the government's dime, and everyone is making a fair wage.
Social Security is NOT an entitlement! I'm not living on the government's "teat" as you call it! I've paid into this for almost 50 years while raising a family! With my health,I doubt I will receive back what I put into this system.
If there's a problem with it write to the people that have dipped into this fund over the years and complain! There is a big difference between SS benefits and welfare.WELFARE is what you need to complain about in this country. Able bodied workers not wanting to work. generations of people having kids just to get benefits. High paying jobs now are needed in auto,tech industries and just a little training can get an average person into a good paying job.Liveable wages are a lot up to the individual and if they're wiling to train for these jobs,not just getting trapped into $100,000 student loans for a college education. You stay in a minimum pay job only if you desire to! Plus no one starts at the top of a pay scale except crooks,lawyers and politicians,which many of us kinda lump together into one category. http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...133726536.html
OPT