Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Chinese crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese crap

not sure if anyone can help me.
I bought a brand new 125 cc coolster 4 wheeler for my son. Work good for a week then would start. I replaced the ingntion switch and then it work again for a week. Then one day the fuse near battery started to blow. I did some research and it said maybe a wire grounded out and causing it to blow. So I bought a whole new wiring harness and plugged it in exactly how it came. Pretty simple. But as soon as I switch the key on the fuse still blows. Any help would be greatly appreciated seeing that where I bought it from said that I would have to pay to have my brand new machine fixed.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum. I would follow that wire until you find the short, before it catches fire, burns down your garage and house in the middle of the night, with you and family. When there is an alternative, I try to buy stuff not (Made in China) I'd try to sell it and buy a brand name, even a Kymco (Made in Taiwan) in fact, I think Kymkos are pretty good, from what I hear. When stuff is too cheap to believe, there is a reason, no warrantee, no service, hard to get parts, crap quality, oh and no resale value. sorry

Old 01-13-2016, 05:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hydrex
Welcome to the forum. I would follow that wire until you find the short, before it catches fire, burns down your garage and house in the middle of the night, with you and family. When there is an alternative, I try to buy stuff not (Made in China) I'd try to sell it and buy a brand name, even a Kymco (Made in Taiwan) in fact, I think Kymkos are pretty good, from what I hear. When stuff is too cheap to believe, there is a reason, no warrantee, no service, hard to get parts, crap quality, oh and no resale value. sorry

Ya my problem is that I bought a new wiring harness so they shouldn't be a short. I guess my question is. Is what else beside the wiring would cause the fuse to blow. Could the cdi or stator if we're bad case it to blow.
Thanks again for any help.

I also know it was a cheap brand new 4 wheeler but I wanted to make sure my son was going to like it before I drop big cash on a nice one.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a similar problem. I unpluged the head and tail lights and unpluged the brake light.the problem went away.. I haven't followed up to see which light is bad. I CAN'T keep the kids off of it.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Randystoy
I had a similar problem. I unpluged the head and tail lights and unpluged the brake light.the problem went away.. I haven't followed up to see which light is bad. I CAN'T keep the kids off of it.
ThAnk you I will try that tomorrow. So you don't think that it's a bad stator or cdi box. I will be honest I know nothing about fixing this stuff. But I ordered a whole new wiring harness and switch it all over. And bam it still blew. I will try to keep all the light unplug Nd see if that works

Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got mine new years eve. So it is still new. I had pulled a headlight build to explore the idea of adding a standard 1157 build and socket. This past Saturday it would not start not even a click.
I checked the fuse and it was blown. After 3 fuses I unpluged all the lights at the plug connection. Left them disconnected and it is still running. I am sure one of the sockets or bulb is bad causing the fuse to blow.
On a side note I have 2 Tao Tao 125s and one 150. Yes there had to be some adjustments and bolt tightening..So what, the prices were good and we have rode the crap out of them since I brought them home

Old 01-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Randystoy
So I tried that and still it blows I unplugged everything besides the stator and it still blows anymore ideas

Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

That red wire with the inline fuse goes up the ignition switch. I would check those connections and the terminals on the kill switch on the other side.