Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swingarm

Does anyone know if a Yamaha blaster swingarm will work/fit on a 230s?

Old 04-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry not sure on the swing arm, but how about anybody knowing if there are other exhausts I can put on my quad?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah JR that sounds like nothing I have ever heard built before. I just bored it 20 over, Wiseco 10.25:1 head dipped and valves and seats cut. One size bigger jet to go with the UNI filter. New swing arm bearings and seals top and bottom, new brakes (if you're gonna go fast, make sure you can stop!) New 22" front tires, rears are good. Rebuilt carb, welded the stator cover, that's how I got the bike for cheap, the cover was broken. Its still not right but I used a Mountain dew box and some rtv for a gasket, 2+ years and still holding, doesn't even leak a drop if you can believe that. I was wondering if I could disect my factory exhaust. I have acetlyne torches and a good stick welder, I like to think I'm handy with both. I can weld thin stuff I'm not recomended to but with practice comes experiece. I think that opening up that factory pipe would really liven up that bike. What are you thoughts? Any pointers?

Old 05-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I took the 230s out on Memorial Day for a few hours for my first ride, besides riding around my .5 acre yard . Ran awesome with new carb except it starts hard after its hot. Will start first kick when cold, but when hot I have to hold the throttle open and it will then start first kick. Idles great when cold, but again it will stall if I sit more than a few second when it's hot. Any ideas?

Old 05-30-2015, 05:59 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesimmers
So I took the 230s out on Memorial Day for a few hours for my first ride, besides riding around my .5 acre yard . Ran awesome with new carb except it starts hard after its hot. Will start first kick when cold, but when hot I have to hold the throttle open and it will then start first kick. Idles great when cold, but again it will stall if I sit more than a few second when it's hot. Any ideas?
Please forgive if ive missed some info but, Are you using the stock cam?

Old 05-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by BigMc
Please forgive if ive missed some info but, Are you using the stock cam?
Correct, stock cam and stock exhaust.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
BigMc

Correct, stock cam and stock exhaust.
When I was building mine ( many moons ago) I had an issue where it would run fine cold but not so much when it warmed up. My issue turned out to be a mixture problem. Has there been any changes to the intake?Remove the cover for example?
It could be a lean condition that heats up the 230 and keeps it from ideling hot... Thats just an opinion tho.

Keep em alive.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

In an attempt to overcome the crappy rebuild job on the carb, the PO drilled a bunch of holes in the air box lid so I purchased a new one and installed at same as carb. I will mess with the carb a bit and see if I can get it to run a bit better once its actually warmed up and see what that does for me.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 PM
BigMc

In an attempt to overcome the crappy rebuild job on the carb, the PO drilled a bunch of holes in the air box lid so I purchased a new one and installed at same as carb. I will mess with the carb a bit and see if I can get it to run a bit better once its actually warmed up and see what that does for me.
Sounds like a plan. Let us know the outcome if you dont mind.
Good luck..

Old 05-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll definitely report back with my results. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.