Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki LT230E Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki LT230E Electrical Issues

I bought a LT230 that came in a bunch of ziplock bags. I know all the parts are there, but when I put the engine on and hooked up all the electrical components I wasn't getting any electric functions except for the headlight. I thought, perhaps my neutral sensor was bad, so I grounded the corresponding wire to see if that would fix a few of my issues, but no dice. Then, the last time I turned the key to "lights" I heard a very faint popping sound, and now my headlights don't work either. I tested the switch and that was fine, and then hooked the headlight up to the battery directly and it worked perfectly fine. Since I am not getting headlight, taillight, neutral light, or electric start, it seems like there is a simple solution that will fix all these issues, but I can't figure it out. I do have the battery grounded, and seemingly have all the connections set up properly, but there are a few unconnected wires and plugs with no corresponding wires or plugs to put them in, so I'm hoping maybe they are the cause for my issues. The cylindrical plug by the battery I believe is for electric accessories from what I could find. As for the orange and white/black stripe wires, I know the orange goes to an unconnected plug in the headlight, but am not certain as to the white/black. The only other unconnected wire is the red wire that extends out from the wiring harness from the stator. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, as the service manual touches on electrical very briefly, without much useful information. The only thing I can think of is that the ground is connected to the engine, and not the frame(like I am used to), but since the headlight was working fine that way, I figured it must be fine.