Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Locate this atv storage source please

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Locate this atv storage source please

I did a screen shot on my cell phone a while back because of the awesome and uber-useful chainsaw carrier. i like it 100x better than any that are commercially offered. i can ride an entire day cutting all over the land and would like to get some more pics of this before i build one. has anyone saw this pic before? a forum? what brand atv?

Attached Thumbnails Locate this atv storage source please-screenshot_2015-10-23-14-01-22.png  
Old 11-24-2015, 03:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

The make is a Honda 420, could just be a 2012 500 as they used the same shape plastics for one year only. Wheels are non standard. Not seen the chainsaw "box" before.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Quad is a Honda but I can't figure out which one.

As far as the box goes. Get a piece of plywood, put the saw, gas can, bar oil, and any other accessories you want to carry on it. Arrange them the way you would like and trace a line around each piece. Leave enough room for 3/4" pine or plywood for the uprights. Drill in the middle of each line and cut the pine for each line. You can screw them in place from the bottom. If you want to screw the corners together work from the inside of the platform to the outside. You can either use bungies to hold things in or make a lid with hinges.

I did not do this as I use a trailer behind my quad to cart firewood to my truck as I cut trees.

PS U-bolts should work to keep the box on your quad.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Quad is a Honda but I can't figure out which one.

As far as the box goes. Get a piece of plywood, put the saw, gas can, bar oil, and any other accessories you want to carry on it. Arrange them the way you would like and trace a line around each piece. Leave enough room for 3/4" pine or plywood for the uprights. Drill in the middle of each line and cut the pine for each line. You can screw them in place from the bottom. If you want to screw the corners together work from the inside of the platform to the outside. You can either use bungies to hold things in or make a lid with hinges.

I did not do this as I use a trailer behind my quad to cart firewood to my truck as I cut trees.

PS U-bolts should work to keep the box on your quad.
thanks for the replies including the honda id. I am thinking 5/8 plywood would work fine and be lighter than 3/4. i also though of making the sides taller and that does away with bungies to hold them in. as for the saw, i will find something easy to hold it it. my whole point is that im beyond tired of putting the saw in and out of the plastic case, and toting the 2 jugs around separate. i use a poor little trailer to haul wood back to the big trailer(mothership). It honestly wont die, ive been thinking of buying one of those 3x5 trailers at lowes and putting golf cart wheels/tires on one but cant justify the cost when the current one keeps going and going. heck, it went down the road at 40mph for 8 miles home the other day. its nuts.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A youtube friend of mine, Cubbeezx has this chainsaw holder on the front rack of his Grizzly 700. Here's a review of it by his wife and riding partner CK on their channel
Its price is $89.99

Old 11-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by greg74
A youtube friend of mine, Cubbeezx has this chainsaw holder on the front rack of his Grizzly 700. Here's a review of it by his wife and riding partner CK on their channel SawGrip Chainsaw Holder - CK's Trailside Review - YouTube Its price is $89.99
Thanks but that guys videos put me to sleep. He is also over dramatic. That bar clamp is only for a saw and doesnt hold the other items. I can spend $15 on a sheet of plywood and make 2-3 of them that do. I did like her knocking on the steel plate saying it was sturdy..... Im a believer now.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Good looking clamp.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Norf Georgia
Thanks but that guys videos put me to sleep. He is also over dramatic. That bar clamp is only for a saw and doesnt hold the other items. I can spend $15 on a sheet of plywood and make 2-3 of them that do. I did like her knocking on the steel plate saying it was sturdy..... Im a believer now.
I like Cubbee's videos myself. He seems like someone I would ride with if I lived up there. Some of the stuff he says and does like anyone else on youtube is for entertainment purposes only. Some are entertained and some are not. I probably would just wrap a few bungy cords around my saw myself and hope it didn't fall off. I never take it with me anyway. If this product were a little cheaper they might sell more. It seems I say that about a lot of products I see on youtube. A lot of good ideas but many times you can build something yourself that will work almost as well and spend a fraction of the cost. Or buy something else that does a better job and spend about the same. For $89.99 you can probably get a decent basket to bolt onto your rear rack and haul a lot of stuff. Or a toolbox and have weatherproof storage and haul anything you want.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by greg74
I like Cubbee's videos myself. He seems like someone I would ride with if I lived up there. Some of the stuff he says and does like anyone else on youtube is for entertainment purposes only. Some are entertained and some are not. I probably would just wrap a few bungy cords around my saw myself and hope it didn't fall off. I never take it with me anyway. If this product were a little cheaper they might sell more. It seems I say that about a lot of products I see on youtube. A lot of good ideas but many times you can build something yourself that will work almost as well and spend a fraction of the cost. Or buy something else that does a better job and spend about the same. For $89.99 you can probably get a decent basket to bolt onto your rear rack and haul a lot of stuff. Or a toolbox and have weatherproof storage and haul anything you want.
There was a bad thunderstorm up in Claremont, NH a few years back. Got a call and went up to clear trees that had been knocked down by a super cell. I had bungied everything down and when I got to the mass of trees a couple miles down the trail I discovered one of my chainsaws was missing. I had to rip back down the trail to find it. A guy and his son on MX bikes had just stopped when they saw the Stihl sitting in the middle of the trail. Told him what I was up to and he and his son helped me clear the half dozen trees enough that people could get by. In return I showed them around the trail system. I've been much more careful with my saws since then.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can imagine using bungy cords will result in occasionally losing whatever you were hauling. I have seen short sets of ratchet tie downs, I think that would be a better solution. Having a case for your saw would help too as it gives you something better to tie down and not worry about damaging the saw. I'm sure in a pinch you can actually use your winch. I did that once while hauling a small cooler on my front rack but later I realized I pulled the winch a bit too tight and basically crushed the cooler. It was a cheap cooler so no big deal.

Quick Reply: Locate this atv storage source please