Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

the lemon blaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the lemon blaster

Ok,
As it is right now, i have to zip tie my clutch cable to the handle bars as tight as i can, i have the clutch lever at an awkward position, and it idles just fine. (although it has some problems shifting into gears sometimes)
But sometimes... it won't idle, keeps bogging down, i have to play with the clutch cable before it will idle... So....
Ive tried adjusting, but it always seems to come out... What do i need to do? (besides buy a raptor)

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
Ok,
As it is right now, i have to zip tie my clutch cable to the handle bars as tight as i can, i have the clutch lever at an awkward position, and it idles just fine. (although it has some problems shifting into gears sometimes)
But sometimes... it won't idle, keeps bogging down, i have to play with the clutch cable before it will idle... So....
Ive tried adjusting, but it always seems to come out... What do i need to do? (besides buy a raptor)
I can't for the life of me, figure out how a clutch cable will make any difference as to the idle circuit on these machines.... maybe it's moving the accelerator cable at the same time?????

Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider

the clutch is still partially engauged and its bogging it down and wearing down my clutch.. as i see it. I tried to idle it up, but then it started acting up, idle kept getting higher and higher, still i had to kill it, and that has happened before without me touching the idle screw, but before it was because of the header had came unbolted.. so... yeah.
I've ziptied the clutch real tight to the frame, and adjuste it a little, tightened every thing down, and it seems to be fine at the moment

Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

If your clutch is still engaged with the lever pulled in, then there are more problems than the position of the lever and cable. Either the cable is not adjusted correctly, you're using the wrong lever, or your clutch basket is grooved and needs replacing or filing so your clutch plates slide freely. Cold engines with cold, thick oil stick the clutch plates worse than a warm engine, so you could try to let the engine warm up before riding. And make sure you're running the right transmission oil.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah im running yamalube, clutch is fine but after an hr of riding it, it will start pulling with the clutch in. So...i dont really care, just hope it lasts till i get my honda back

Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I think you could just adjust the clutch and clear this problem up.... The little ball in the clutch may be broken as well, and may need to be replaced. I once replaced the clutch plates on mine due to this issue, and later found out all I needed to do was adjust the clutch..... You have to pull the clutch cover to adjust it, that's the biggest bummer.