1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 150cc Review

Old 07-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 150cc Review

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
when I saw your post i thought, oh uh, what did he do now!? you're a wild man!! Can't wait to hear how it performs on your 500' cliff drop test.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

whadya mean $35 for an axle?? that's a warranty issue isn't it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL,LOL. Man, you should advise someone on how to build the perfect atv, cuz you really put it to the test. cutting 1/2" off the coils? where do you get these ideas? that's great, keep up the hard work.

Actually, that's full cost on the parts. The Axle is $25 and the axle sleeve was $15 but he gave it to me for $35 + tax. I find it rather disturbing a brand name manufacturer would charge $80+ for a piece of steel worth about a buck. Don't get me started on axle sleeves, LOL, it a .50 cent piece of stainless steel tubing with flanged ends. Even if you went with the most expensive steel, let's say ATS34 or 440c, it only worth a few bucks.

Can somebody verify that Lexus doesn't own Yamaha? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LOL that 500' drop sounds tempting... I'm curious to see what an ATV would look like after that. OF course I'd have to try it out on sombody else's ATV [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, I have one more test, the Rattle Test. I'm taking it down to my in-law's this holiday weekend and will take it out to my favorite fishing spot. They gated the dirt road leading there so I'll take the backdoor. I'm gonna have to run it down 5 miles of railroad tracks to get there. If something is gonna rattle loose or bust I'll find out pretty quick.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

UPDATE: Nothing was busted this week [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I did have another comment on the suspsension. The stock shocks are for light duty only. If you plan to do even small jumps I would recommend investing in some higher quality shocks. I cut the front shock coils down a little and that helped the ride a lot but it still didn't work for me.

The front shock lengths are 10" and the rear is 12". If anybody has a recommendation on decent replacements I would really appreciate it.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the info. in your review of the Yamoto 150. I have been shopping for one myself as well, and from what I have found, most ask in the $1400 price range. You said you paid $1050 which sounded very good. Can you e-mail me the specifics on this, as I am in California and would like to purchase; however, want to get the best deal possible. I think the California Air Research Board is working on getting these approved for California. [email protected].

Gary

Old 07-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

This forum was very interesting.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: baddudecalvert
Thanks for all the info. in your review of the Yamoto 150. I have been shopping for one myself as well, and from what I have found, most ask in the $1400 price range. You said you paid $1050 which sounded very good. Can you e-mail me the specifics on this, as I am in California and would like to purchase; however, want to get the best deal possible. I think the California Air Research Board is working on getting these approved for California. [email protected].

Gary
I contacted the local dealer and asked about pricing for ya. Apparently, he doesn't offer the 150cc at $1050 anymore. It's now $1400 just like the others. I bought one of his first Yamoto's so I'm guessing I got one of the specially discounted ones. I would give you his number but he deals locally only and will not ship. He did however say he will get me a list of Cali dealers. Soon as I hear back from him I'll shoot ya an email.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

PARTS AND SERVICE REVIEW:

I ended up ripping the rubber housing on the intake manifold. The part wasn't in any way cheap. I just yanked on the carb too much when servicing the air filter. Anyways, I the parts listing on the yamoto site didn't have a price for that part so I ended up giving them a call. Turns out the intake manifold was only $13 plus shipping. I placed the order on their site and just for kicks I had it shipped UPS Next Day. Suprisingly I did get the part the very next day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, just thought I'd include this since it might be of interest to a buyer. So far I'm happy with my purchase.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well because of dirtforshirts extensive review and overall good experience I decided to pick one up. It arrived today and is still in the crate. I'm opening it up tonight so I will follow with a review shortly. If any one is interested in picking one up hit me and I can put you in contact with the individual I picked mine up from. It was around $1400 but that included shipping. It arrived in about three days after purchase. Talk to you all again soon! Wish me luck!

Old 07-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, we just picked up Matt B's 150 today (only there was a 110 in the crate.... oops). we will give you some reviews on how well the 110 does for a first bike for him tho. It's too bad someone was in to much of a rush to actually look at the model number and send the right quad, at least the frame is the same size so he won't look like a giant on it. First thing I noticed was that the material for the brake pads looks pretty weak, we'll put them to the test but I'm sure it won't be long before the 110 needs a brake job. Does anyone know if the 150cc engine will couple up to the tranny and frame of the 110? because the shaft drive is a nice feature.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: mechtc7
Yeah, we just picked up Matt B's 150 today (only there was a 110 in the crate.... oops). we will give you some reviews on how well the 110 does for a first bike for him tho. It's too bad someone was in to much of a rush to actually look at the model number and send the right quad, at least the frame is the same size so he won't look like a giant on it. First thing I noticed was that the material for the brake pads looks pretty weak, we'll put them to the test but I'm sure it won't be long before the 110 needs a brake job. Does anyone know if the 150cc engine will couple up to the tranny and frame of the 110? because the shaft drive is a nice feature.
Ya those brake pads are pretty cheap. I've checked mine periodically and they've held up ok. Then again I havn't used them much since the rear hydraulic disc brake works 10 times better.

Also, I don't think the 110 tranny will mount on the 150. If you look at the way the 150 is mounted to the frame you can see that it's laying almost horizontal. The engine might mount to the tranny but you probably would have to modify the fram to get them back in.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I've noticed that the 110's engine is also horizontally mounted in the frame, my biggest complaints with the 110 are as follows: Tranny a) the foot lever for shifting is too stiff and located in a weird position, switching between gears on the fly can become seriously difficult at times b) gear ratio's just seem stupid, first and second gear feel very short while third gear is way to tall for the power of the engine. Suspension a) way to stiff, even with me on it the suspension is way hard and I haven't been able to use any of the travel, maybe dirt for a shirt had the right idea cutting the springs. b) for a biger person a wider and longer wheel base is desirable. Engine a) well for a 110cc this engine feels more like a 70cc, I'm not trying to bash the manufacturer but my old Yamaha Badger would have stomped this bike on a good day. Perhaps there is a way to address the lack of power issue with some mechanical prowess however with the other problems with this bike I'm not sure if it's worth the time and money. (Personally to you people out there who've got your heart set on a Banshee or something like that and can't afford it... look into a used Blaster, your money will serve you better with one of those). For a child the bike would probably be very fun, that is what it seems like it was made for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yamoto 150cc Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: