1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 150cc Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 150cc Review

I am planning on cutting the lip off the front bumper. I have had the same issue with mine. I would like to find a replacement bumper for it but not sure if any of the other ones would fit it.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: baumgata
My son has a 2004 Yamato 150cc. The bumper sits too low and catches on the trails. The first time he rode, he got the wind knocked out of him when he went over a rut. The second, the bumper caught another rut and he flipped his four wheeler. Luckily, he didn't break anything. Do you know if Yamato has a site to report this poor design?

Also, when you got your Yamato, did the front wheels turn in? My son's front wheels don't sit straight. I'm not sure if there's a special way to put on the tires or whether this is another poor design from Yamato? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There has been a few here who had problems with the bumper. I loosened all the mounting bolts, And then pulled up on it then re tightened. I mproves ground clearance a little. My wife has not complained of it anymore. She is definitely as not as agressive as most though.

The front end can be adjusted with the tie rods. My wifes wasnt pointing straight from the factory.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for review....I'll print it out and review it when I get a minute.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: decdug
Hi All

I am in need of some help again. The front sprocket is loose, and I can't figure out how to tighten it. Any help could be great.
I looked at my wifes yamoto and there is a bolt on the end of the shaft that holds the sprocket in place. I would guess that you should tighten that bolt.
Thanks for the info mywifesquad. I took off the bolt, and the sprocket, the problem from what I can see is that the sprocket fits over as splined shaft on to the gear box, but the end of the sprocket is not snug on the shaft, so that even with everything real tight the sproket is inclined to jiggle on the shaft. Maybe this is the same on all the quads.... But I have had a problem with the chain coming off, and I thought this was the problem. Even with the chain adjusted to the last it is still very loose, I'll have to remove a link or 2 from the chain.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

If your chain seems too loose all the time u may have a bigger problem.On both of mine the lower motor mount on the chain side broke off the frame leaving a large hole in the frame.I found this because i to was having problems keeping the chain tight enough.It is hard to spot if your not looking for it.I was holding on the rear brake while giving it gas and noticed the engine twisting,thats what led me to check out the motor mounts.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: decdug

Thanks for the info mywifesquad. I took off the bolt, and the sprocket, the problem from what I can see is that the sprocket fits over as splined shaft on to the gear box, but the end of the sprocket is not snug on the shaft, so that even with everything real tight the sproket is inclined to jiggle on the shaft. Maybe this is the same on all the quads.... But I have had a problem with the chain coming off, and I thought this was the problem. Even with the chain adjusted to the last it is still very loose, I'll have to remove a link or 2 from the chain.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
You got me curious and so i loosened that bolt on my wifes quad and it looks to me like if you put on a washer that will have a big enough hole to push on the sprocket with out hitting the splines that you should be able to tighten the sprocket to the shaft. I am wondering if the chain is stretched and in need of replacement. If you can pull on the chain while it is on the rear sprocket and expose 3/4th of the sprocket tooth, the chain is junk and should be replaced.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, DirtForaShirt, you seem to be the contact person on the Yamato. I need a question answered. When you bought your Yamato, did the front tires/axles seem to tilt inward toward the frame? I bought a 150 cc for my son and the front tires don't sit straight up. Everytime he rides, everyone asks what's wrong with the front tires. Not to mention the fact that it makes the atv flip easier. Any suggestions?

Old 04-12-2005, 10:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I havnt seen a post by Dirtforashirt in many months.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

I had the same motor mount brake on my quad. I haven't welded it back on yet. Mine broke off the frame and the engine casting where the mount screws in.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

yup,ive been hearing a lot of people having these brake,sounds like a design flaw along with low grade china steel.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .However patriot motorcycles said they will reimburse me the cost of having it welded,I just hope the frame holds up now.

Quick Reply: Yamoto 150cc Review