1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 150cc Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Yamoto 150cc Review

Originally posted by: Kell
Already tried that, (advancing the cam 1 tooth) what a dog it turned into!

Milling my head retarded my cam 1/2 tooth so I thought I would try advancing it and figured out quick that was the wrong direction to go! I had heard retarding it would help low end and advancing it would help top end. Since I had plenty of low end, I tried it, all in the name of science of course.

as far as the Iridium, I timed it and it consistently came out to be .3 seconds (3 tenths of a second) faster on my little drag strip. The gain was at the lower rpm's. Not much faster but noticeable. probably a bike length at full speed if you were drag racing.
Thanks Kell, I should have known you would have tried it already. I've missed your input on the forum's. The plug doesnt quite seem like its worth $10.00 for the wife. I think i pay 1.99 for a ngk, If I tried anything I might try a autolite. This one should be good for a few years though.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Knarf
Crocstar23, You can check with Clark's Power Sports in Harriman, TN 37748. I called him and spoke with him. Tell him Lake Norman ATV sent you, his name is Bobby Clark, Phone 865-742-7066 Good Luck, let me know how it works out. Knarf
Great that you could help him out knarf.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot....I happen to be going that way today so Ill have a look. Again thanks.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a 150cc.

We put it al together but there are some tubes that are not clear where they need to be.

The cillinder head cover has a litte pipe on top. Wich tubes needs to be on this one ? And where does it lead to ?

Then there i a tube on the left side cover on the end. It comes out behind the kick starter.. Where does that lead to ?

Tube 1 is nummer 12 in the parts catelog on page 4

Tube 2 is nummer 22 in te parts catelog on page 8

If sombody please could explain this to me i would be verry thankfull.

Sorry for the bad english i am from holland.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Holland
I just bought a 150cc.

We put it al together but there are some tubes that are not clear where they need to be.

The cillinder head cover has a litte pipe on top. Wich tubes needs to be on this one ? And where does it lead to ?

Then there i a tube on the left side cover on the end. It comes out behind the kick starter.. Where does that lead to ?

Tube 1 is nummer 12 in the parts catelog on page 4

Tube 2 is nummer 22 in te parts catelog on page 8

If sombody please could explain this to me i would be verry thankfull.

Sorry for the bad english i am from holland.
Welcome to the forum Holland,
The pipe on the head needs a tube about 18" long and I zip tied it to the frame.
The tube on tyhe left side cover is a vent for the cvt cover and I also tip tied it to the frame.
Be careful not to pinch the hoses when tying them to the frame.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

There was a show in Phoenix for Big Boys and Their Toys this weekedn. Last year, the Yamoto were the talk fo the show. Great quality, we'll always have parts, etc.

This year, not one Yamoto in site, and all of those dealers want nothing to do with them. I'm doing good with mine, but I probably need rear wheel bearings soon. I haven't been able to find a dealer in Phoenix now.

Has anyone seen anything on the Yamoto resale values, or did we all buy disposable quads??

Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

If I had to guess man, I think we all bought disposable quads. But, on the other hand I consider it to be a cheap learners quad for my son. And then a hand-me-down to my 5 yr old daughter and then my youngest son (if it last that long). I have tought my son that things in life will last a long time if you take good care of them, hopefully this thing will.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I am not sure what the resale value of a yamoto might be. I wouldnt guess it would be much, but it was cheap to begin with. I think if they are ridden hard and or not maintained they will be disposable for sure. If ridden like it was designed to be(I say slow just based on the stock suspension)and maintained I think they will last a while. That is based on my experience with the 04 150. I cant say about the 110 and others.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

I forgot to ask in my last post; has anyone lost one of the four bolts that hold the axle on the swingarm on the 150. I have tried to match one up from the local Lowes and Home Depot with no luck. Anyone? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: jcotti
I forgot to ask in my last post; has anyone lost one of the four bolts that hold the axle on the swingarm on the 150. I have tried to match one up from the local Lowes and Home Depot with no luck. Anyone? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I replaced them with a few others. I got all of mine at Ace hardware.

Quick Reply: Yamoto 150cc Review