1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006 | 05:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.

if you drill out the baffle you must also get a new air filter, theres no point doing one with out the other or you'll just have a loud bike that drinks gas and has half the life it could have had if you need more speed and power get a bigger bike.

Old 07-14-2006 | 06:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well i have a 60 tooth sprocket on the back!!! i dont like it much just no where enough speed but climbing hills its a perfect. But has your petrol consumption gone up since you drilled out your exhaust? ill pm ya!

Thanks, Sweethog

Old 07-14-2006 | 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey i dont really know how the gas is i just did it the other day and i havent been far on it. Well you definitley need a smaller rear sprocket on yours i had a 56 tooth on mine and i couldnt get the speed i wanted. I would go with a 49 tooth it does good on the road and on the trail as well. Getting a high flow Air filter is a good idea if you drill your baffle out. I got one but it didnt fit mine cause the place where the rear shock bolts to the frame was right in the way but my bike still runs just as good if not better without the baffle.

Old 07-18-2006 | 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi all, is or has anyone noticed a grumble like the chain is out of allignment when you hit the gas and a squeel when setting off in first, like the starter is being forced. ive only had my gy200 three weeks and i went from a two stroke so it could be the change?

Old 07-18-2006 | 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

oh and my sprocket is 44 tooth and i can only get 65mph out of it and it cruisers at 45/50mph.

Old 07-19-2006 | 05:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

i've never heard a squealing noise from my bike. Has your electric started stopped working? because mine has!

Old 07-20-2006 | 02:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello all! I'm a new "2005 - JL200GY" owner as of two days ago, and love it! Of course got a few issues I'm working through and wanted to ask the forum about this one:

Electrical lighting issue: Front light (low/high beam), rear brake light and license plate lights all work. Horn works too. The two front & rear parking lights do not. Bulbs are good. I've tested the wires from the bulbs back as far as I can in the front & rear till they become shrink wrapped and still no juice. What am I missing? Has this happened to anyone else? Did I start at the wrong end? Help!

Appreciate any advice and awesome job on keeping this forum so active!!!!! I was able to hunt down a few parts because of you all. Thanks!

Thomas

Also wanted to share this REALLY useful web page I found with a complete 200GY parts list and drawing/diagrams:

200GY Parts Listing

Old 07-20-2006 | 05:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

no my electric starter is still working, i had an issue with the heat sealed end of one of the indicators they had burnt through the insulation shorting out the electrics. my bikes grumbling noise during up hill riding turned out to be engine mounting bolts that needed tightening, doesnt seem like the chinese pay much attention to detail or testing after build. check all viewable nuts and bolts and your bike will run a lot sweeter.

Old 07-26-2006 | 03:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] YEAH, LEFT BLINKER FRONT STOPPED & TAIL LIGHT OUT..BUT HAVE BRAKE LIGHT...tHIS IS A SLD-200 WHICH LOOKS LIKE THE jETMOTO, vIVA, 7 HALF N OTHER NAMES...WITH LITTLE OR NO PARTS REFERRENCE. Mine wants to go but flats. Wont pull up the front wheel, max speed down hill 55mph in scale of the KPM dail and no tach.

China really make it hard for parts. It did take common Honda Xr spark plug, and did cut off ehuast 90-degree end piece. Seem to help. but could use to get to 65mph for main road use..off road trail spunky good....MOst bike bike shops at least the last two will not touch these bikes. So far from reading this furom a 17-47 is the happy medium for trail & street..good infor on the 1986 xr parts cross over.

Be nice if can attach pictures...

Old 08-03-2006 | 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

dont no about you guys in the states but british track star stock all parts and are cheap ive just had to order a speedo drive due to not fitting it correctly, i carnt seem to find fork guards for mine has it doesnt have any screw fixings, maybe il have to drill some in them carnt go off road without them seals wont last 5 mins. ive done 1369miles on it in the last month and now the engine runs smoother over 50mph can get 70mph ***** out but dont want to blow the oil seals and thats with stock plug and pipe, my sprockets are 17 front 47 rear, thats about the best ratio ive found but still could do with another dog in the box or should i say a 6th gear bye all.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.