1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome To Raceway ATV's New Forum. Take A Look At Our Yamoto GY 200 Indoro Style Motorcycle. Free Shipping To Your Door

Hey Carp, if i could ask how much did u pay and from whom did you buy? Thanx, G

Old 10-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Welcome To Raceway ATV's New Forum. Take A Look At Our Yamoto GY 200 Indoro Style Motorcycle. Free Shipping To Your Door

Hi. I got a good deal but I don't want to disrepect our gracious hosts here with anything forbidden like comercial links. E mail me at redinvasion at mac dot com and I'll give the the info.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is a thread of one person's ownership history of a GY200 from the day it arived in a crate, 1st oil change, issues, modifications, experiences, and getting it plated, etc. Good reading and lots of pictures. Jump in and post your experiences. This is a jap-mostly bike crowd whose other threads are VERY negative about our sweet discovery in the better chinese motorcylces (for 1/3 of the cost of a japanese model). I found that those who post negative stuff dont really own and are just trolling around. If you dont reply they go away. Anyway, not much noise on the thread and lots of good info. I expect that based on the # of hits that there are hundreds of people following it, many of which are considering buying but have no idea what
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=279910

Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sweet! Good find! Thanks for the post!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was at the bookstore the other day standing in the parking lot and a guy went buy me on a GY. You would have thought I just saw someone on a Ducati superbike, I got so excited.

I looked at 150cc scooters today. $2400 bucks. See you boys on the road!

Old 10-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

That's funny. Mine came in on a truck yesterday afternoon. It has some damage to the right-side plastic (which is increadibly thin) because the box was riding in the truck on it's side. It's still bolted in the cage right now and I'm not sure when I'll have time to get it out. I did have time to look it over and I examined the engine and other parts. It looks like the plastic is the only real issue right now. The speedometer is in kilometers which is no big deal and I'm thinking that the shift pattern will be the goofy one too. It still looks good for the money I paid and I'm dying to get it out of the cage (set it free!!!). I'm starting to get really worried that I won't be able to license it in Illinois which will be a real bummer, but I'm have to wait to find out till I get the origin cert. I'm betting that new plastic will be tough to find but it seems like that will be in constant need. If anyone knows where to buy new plastic body panels and such please post it.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was checking out scooters a couple weeks ago. There's some type of controversy with them...like they're not EPA certified, or really cheap, or something like that. It made me nervious to try and bid. I thought that I'd rather deal with fixing issues on a conventional bike that an oddly styled moped. I chickened out...I guess:-)

Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi folks, I've been following this forum. Thanks for all the helpful information. I just put in an order for a GY200 from www.jetmotousa.com . I've read some goods and a few bads about them, but this is exactly the bike I'm looking for. My other option would be Yamaha's 225 dual-sport, but I can get 4 of the GY200s for the same price, so that is my justification. Anyways, the order shipped today from Northern Calif. and is due to arrive October 27th. If anyone is interested, I'll document my experience with the bike.

So far, my experiencewith JetMoto has been positive. Rick was my sales rep. He was knowledgeable and polite on the phone. He immediately sent me my shipping info and tracking number within 2 hours after my order.

I'll keep you posted...

eric

Old 10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a comment about getting parts for these bikes. Not long after I got mine, I was fooling around on it in the woods, and then in some water. Well, I somehow lost my cover for the fake tail pipe compartment and I also developed a rattle in my tailpipe, indicating I had blown the tailpipe. I went to the bike shop that I bought mine at, told him what had happened. He said no problem, ordered me the new cover for the storage compartment and a new tailpipe. I actually went ahead and bought an aftermarket tailpipe for the bike, but he said you might as well get a free new factory one since you can. Those two items came in, in about 2 weeks, and were given to me free of charge. I was very satisfied, particularly with the fact that I had failed to put the storage compartment cap on good, and I lost it, and they shipped me a new one in for free. So as far as getting replacement parts and things like that, I have no complaints at all. I'll just say this, if you are considering a bike like this, when you get it, put a 42 tooth sprocket on it and a scorpion tailpipe, and you will love this bike, no matter if you are on or off road, mine does very good on both. I still have plenty of low end for trail riding, and I can kick it up to about 68mph in 5th turning about 9000 rpms. Over all, I have spent, with the upgrades, about 1750.00 bux, thats a bargain!

Happy riding gyz!

go rams!
RAMSfan

Old 10-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Kinroad 200GY. I found that if you replace the POS spark plug with an NGK, it runs MUCH better. It'll start on the 1st compression stroke when warmed up and on the 2nd or 3rd when cold.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto Enduro 200cc motorcycle.