1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

remote start kill

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start kill

I want to remove the remote start kill from a hawk 70 cc.It has 2 plugs a 2wire & 4 wire. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to plug them back into the machine. Any info would be appreciated. darrell

Old 11-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Normally you just unplug the remote module and it is disabled. One change that happens is that you can no longer turn off the engine with the ignition key, you have to use the handlebar kill switch instead. If you want to have the ignition switch still turn off the engine you need to add a jumper wire to the remote connector.

But...

I've never seen a remote with a 2 pin and 4 pin connector. Are you sure you are looking at the remote module?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start kill

Yes, I am sure. You can not start this machine without using the remote. Nothing happens with it unplugged (nothing works). There is a hot wire in the 4 prong plug but don't know where it would go.

Any help appreciated.

Darrell

Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Since I've never seen a remote module like you have described then there is a the possibility that yours is different than all the others. If it were me I'd troubleshoot this problem by leaving the remote plugged in (for now) and try to figure out why the quad won't start manually. Once the exact cause of why it won't start is pinned down, the next course of action will be a little more clear.

On your remote module, do you have a short wire about 6 or 8 inches long dangling off the module (or the wiring to the module)? That would be the UHF antenna, and is the dead give away that you are indeed looking at the remote module and not something else.

So when you try to start the quad manually (with the remote module plugged in), what happens? Does the starter motor turn? Do you have spark? Do the headlights work when you turn on the ignition switch?

If the starter motor doesn't turn, will the quad start if you turn on the ignition switch (and with all kill switches off) and short the two big posts together on the starter solenoid with a screwdriver. This bypasses the start button and all the safety interlocks (but not the kill switches). Make sure you are in nuetral when trying this.

You'll need to find yourself a volt meter.

Do either of these CDI's look like yours:

Name:  CDI_Pinout.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  27.7 KB
Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  19.2 KB