1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

"New" Kazuma Meerkat

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff_NJ
Well, here's a story...

Happy New Year!

Ive been there man.....the only thing that keeps my Chinese quads going is a really good local hardware store with aisle of fasteners/nuts/bolts.......a local machine shop and a box of my own bolts - every time I junk an ATV or motorcycle I keep all the bolts and toss them in a tub......they have been a life saver.

.......and if I havent got one then my buddy at the local cycle shop has it. They have an EXTENSIVE storage building full of old motorcycles and such.....they can pull anything out of their ***, I swear.

I also feel your pain on the long search, feeding the kids and explaining to the wife why you just have to have this bolt/nut etc RIGHT NOW to finish a project......

Old 01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yesterday, New Year's Eve, around 4PM, my older son is riding the Meerkat around the field. As he turned around and headed toward me, I could see the left front wheel didn't look right. I told him to stop and went and looked at it. The dust cap was missing and the castellated nut was missing. I took off the other side and the cotter pin was gone but, the nut hadn't moved much. Luckily the wheel stayed on. I found the dust cap in the grass but, no nut. I ran my nail magnet back and forth but found nothing.
Good for you to keep a close eye on his riding around the yard. It only takes a minute you could have gone in to grab another brew or whatever and the damn thing could have flipped over as the wheel flies off and the axle digs in like a pissed jackass.

As to finding parts you just passed initiation to the Chinese ATV owners club. Some folks here feel replacing parts is a trip to the local honda shop. My own experience has been that has been a big ZERO. Last time all I needed as a replacement gas cap and could not get one to match. And EVERY call to the shop to inquiry about a part starts with "what year, make, model" and the well-uhh-uhh-uhh-it's like a honda from the 80's but could be blah-blah-blah.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windtrader
Good for you to keep a close eye on his riding around the yard. It only takes a minute you could have gone in to grab another brew or whatever and the damn thing could have flipped over as the wheel flies off and the axle digs in like a pissed jackass.

As to finding parts you just passed initiation to the Chinese ATV owners club. Some folks here feel replacing parts is a trip to the local honda shop. My own experience has been that has been a big ZERO. Last time all I needed as a replacement gas cap and could not get one to match. And EVERY call to the shop to inquiry about a part starts with "what year, make, model" and the well-uhh-uhh-uhh-it's like a honda from the 80's but could be blah-blah-blah.
I watch the kids like a hawk, especially on this little thing. It's very temperature sensitive and it's a non-stop carb adjustment...lol. I just keep the screwdriver in my pocket. Since they're just learning I stand in the middle of the field while they go around some cones I set up. It's about an acre. I have them keep it in 2nd gear so it's smoother acceleration and won't throw them off the back. I'm trying to teach them how to brake into turns, shift their weight in corners and accelerate out of them. My older guy is pretty good but, he has the size problem.

So far, except for the axle nut, it's been pretty good.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kazuma trans trouble

my kids where out wheelin in the woods and called to tell me the four wheeler wouldn't move. its a Kazuma falcon 110. after pushing it back i tried it, started right up put it in first and nothing. seemed like it wanted to move but nothing. changed the oil. started put it in first and it started to creep when i rev it up tried reverse same thing creeps but doesn't have any power. HELP!! there driveing me crazy wanting to ride.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

Joined recently on the forums to learn about ATvs and post some real feedback abou china quads.

Number one: if driven just a little bit on the streets, save money for tires as they literally wear out in a day or so.

Number two: Store warranty throw it out the window, you are on your own.

While back we had this Yamaha, and man that thing was jumped, rolled, dipped on mud, you name it. The poor ATV went to hell and back, and still would run after years and years of constant abuse. We never ever had to tighten a bolt, only dish water soap and jet ski marine spray lubricant to fight rust, thats it. We grew out of it and sold it to some kid for 400 dollars. The day we sold it still sounded the same as the day we got it, fuel, oild and proper lube maintenance.

Now, with a china quad, some tlc is needed, for learning, and teaching your kids the basics its fine. If you are gonna push it to the limits, make sure is a clean trail, or track, do not expose the suspension, chassis to harsch rough terrain, jumping etc. Simiar to a MTB bike with a front trail fork, sooner or later those strut seals, or control arms, and who knows the chassis welds will give up. One thing I must admit, the engines are peppy and hold true to the power, my only regret is no engine mounts to absorb vibration at full throttle.

I am on the market as well for a bigger brand name ATV, have to do my homework as here in the county I live at there is a fair share of beat up abused "good condition" atvs.