1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma falcon 150

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma falcon 150

hey everybody this is my first posting here, and looking for some advice

i have a 2005 kazuma falcon 150 and i am have a hard time getting it to run.

i want to know how to get to the valves on my quad, i know how to set valves but what i wanna know is that my motor is covered in plastic covers for looks and in order to get to the block you must remove all this plastic crap. what i thought i was taking off was a plastic piece turns out to be my cylinder head cover so i stoped right there and waited till i get further information. the bottom right one was lose and i was able to remove it with little effort and when i did i found that there was signs of oil on the outside of my motor that i wasnt able to see do to all the plastic and the top left bolt was really tight so i'm definitly guessing that the bottom right one came loose. i did a compression test and it says i have 30 psi. it still runs but very difficult to start

i decided that i took out the baffle in the motor to make it louder i had it like this for about a month and NEVER had a problem always ran good. i decided to put the baffle back in the muffler and it still ran good so i thought nothing of it i use to be able to turn it over and it would start right away. now that winter is here its impossible to start(exagerating) i keep the quad in my heated garage so that way im not doing a cold start. what i have to do is put my hand over the carb and turn it over so that way the carb is flooded and with the battery booster i have to turn it over and usuing the throttle work it so that it will fire. i check the plug and it reads lean but when i ride it you can smell how rich it is. and once it begins to run and it gets temperature in it it will run idle all day long provided that there is heat. i have had the carb apart cleaned and installed

so inconclusion

how do i get to the valves/around all the plastic?
whats the valve clearance, intake and exhaust?
its something to do with the timing. i have spark and fuel and low compression but it will stll run

Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm assuming a GY6 engine. The valves are accessed through the top cylinder head cover *without* removing any of the plastic over the cylinder block itself.

The plastic is not there "for looks", it is part of a forced air cooling system. I only mention this so you don't remove it thinking it is not important.

You do need to remove the plastic cover over the fan (three or four screws). Then you can see the timing marks on the flywheel, and also grab the fan and use it to rotate the engine into position where both valves are closed.

I have a short *.pdf procedure that shows the adjustment process. If you're interested then send me your email address by private message and I'll email it to you. There was also a couple good links for GY6 service manuals posted in the last few weeks in this forum or maybe the kids quad forum. I suggest you look those up, download them, and print them. Many links to GY6 service info have dried up recently. Get them while you can.

I set my clearance to 0.004" for both intake and exhaust (adjusted with the engine cold). That is much looser than specified in some procedures, but it works for me.

30 PSI compression? I don't think any quad will run with 30 psi of compression. That reading is suspect.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum thedcboyz!

Do what Lynn said and youll be good to go..Assuming your rings arent fried...have you tried a compression test after adding a few drops of oil in the plug hole? If compression goes up its bad rings...if it stays the same its valves...

Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah you might be right by it being a gy6 engine because i wouldn't clue lol
i'll do what you suggested and see what happens

and what is consider a few drops of oil? can i just use the the oil cap on my bottle of oil or do i need a measuring cup?

Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Id guess it would be 1/2 a oz or less...you dont want to pour oil into the hole... just get a little bit in there to see if it tightens up the rings..

And from your description youve got a GY6 engine..

Old 10-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking 2006 Kazuma Falcon 150cc

Hey i just got and account on here and, is it possible for me to install a luggage rack? respond ASAP!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by monsterrocks
Hey i just got and account on here and, is it possible for me to install a luggage rack? respond ASAP!
racks like a utility quad has? it ought to work if you can find some racks! may have to punch/drill some holes, but i see where it'd work. heck, i added racks to my trailblazer which didn't have any racks. i just had to find some that'll work and drill holes. have fun.