1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Yamoto 50 Carb and Choke Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 50 Carb and Choke Issues

Hey guys, new to the site, i've gotten some help reading some of the problems others have had but can't quite find what i'm looking for.

I picked up a Yamoto 50 for my son a couple years ago. Bike worked fine for the 1st few months then has given me problems ever since. I had parked it for the last year or so and ended up getting a yamaha for my son. my daughter is now getting of age to start riding, so i brought out the Yamoto again and did the regular maitenance, changed oil, new plug, removed and cleaned carb thouroughly, checked all wiring connections and so on.

I am able to get the quad started with he choke on and it'll idle fine, once i shut off the choke it dies instantly. I replaced the gasket from the carb to the intake think i might be having an air leak but no such luck. i have adjusted both screws on the carb but still can't get it to run with out the choke on. I've been cussin this quad for the past couple days and i'm out of ideas.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Budysr!

Id guess youve still got something plugging the pilot jet... Especially if turning the fuel screw out doesnt help.. When you had the carb apart did you take out all the jets and make sure you could see light thru them?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had used a air hose to blow out the ports and jets on the carb, i'll take the jets out and see if something is still clogged, thx for the help!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Budysr
I had used a air hose to blow out the ports and jets on the carb, i'll take the jets out and see if something is still clogged, thx for the help!
Its better when you remove all the jets and the fuel screw and spray carb cleaner thru all of it.. When you remove the main jet also need to remove the main jet holder... its a tube like thing that has holes in the side of it as well as thru it.. those holes in the side need to be clear also..

Last edited by mywifesquad; 04-20-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help! i pulled out the Pilot Jet and noticed i couldn't see through it. Soaked it in carb cleaner then blew out the clog, now bike is idling with no choke, seems like it's always the little things that get over looked and create the biggest hassles.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Budysr
Thanks for the help! i pulled out the Pilot Jet and noticed i couldn't see through it. Soaked it in carb cleaner then blew out the clog, now bike is idling with no choke, seems like it's always the little things that get over looked and create the biggest hassles.
Your Welcome..glad to hear you got it going..