1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Slip on Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Thanks for the pics Sorry for taking so long to respond.. Ive got a machine shop and when im busy and my cnc mill isnt running I cant post much..

That pipe muffler combo looks a lot like the one that came on my Jetmoto 200 motorcycle..Heavy and restrictive. The problem is getting something that will fit... You may be able to get a exhaust off of something else(Tao Tao, Jetmoto, V-Bike, etc...) that would work with some mods.. Ill try and post a pic or 2 of the exhaust on my Jetmoto 250 today..

That air filter from my experience only looks like a K&N... when oiled they dont flow very well...Id get a Uni Pod Filter..

The carb looks identical to the one on my Jetmoto 250..Mine uses Keihin jets.. pretty sure the stock main was a 109... 117 was the factory upgrade...think I went with a 128.. The stock pilot jet was a 41.. went to a 45 or 47... I can check these numbers this week and post what I find..

Like Ive said you arent going to set the world (or any Japanese quads) on fire, but any engine can be made to perform better than it did stock...Most of these come jetted real lean to pass the EPA and or CARB emissions test... Simply jetting them a little richer will help the power everywhere..
Ok, i will start with a uni filter. The company bought the bike from is sending me a new gas tank. when that gets here i will attemtp to jett the carb then. I will post photos of what im doing. I hope i can get the jetting right. No matter what its still fun to try.