1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

just bought a jianshe mt lion 250 , need info plz

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a jianshe mt lion 250 , need info plz

hey guys i just traded off one of my ruger 10/22's for this mt lion 250. no idea what year it is or anything. but it runs pretty rough , has absolutley no power , and it seems there is a problem with the rear hubs and only one rear wheel spins. i will be tearing into it this weekend but i thought about just finding some beartracker/timberwolf/bruin250/bigbear250 parts and get it running right.

ive searched the internet till my face turned blue , there is practicaly nothing on these machines and i went threw most of the thread on here about them. so are these parts all compatible ? i would assume they are. also one more problem , the electric start button doesnt work , only way to start it with the battery is to touch these 2 metal things together by the battery. thanks for your help

Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

i found a cheap timberwolf with a bad motor , can i use the rear axle from it ? or swap my motor to the timberwolf frame ?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

You would think parts from those Yamaha's would work...

Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
You would think parts from those Yamaha's would work...
you would. but i wish somebody knew for sure so i didnt go and buy the timberwolf for nothing. id just check em side by side , but its over an hour away from me.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by anybodykilla
you would. but i wish somebody knew for sure so i didnt go and buy the timberwolf for nothing. id just check em side by side , but its over an hour away from me.
I wouldnt buy it with out putting them side by side even if I was old they would fit...If you do make the trip let us know how it goes.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

hey anybodykilla

I did exactly that, not in a mountain lion though, in a baja wilderness, I believe that the mtlion and the Baja are the same chinese frame.

I put the Timberwolf motor into the Baja Wilderness frame, it all fits just about perfectly, the only two things that I changed were the stator, I changed the stator cover from the Baja Wilderness onto the Timberwolf, that was straightforward and I also had to split the driveshaft yolk because the Baja driveshaft was a different size fitting to the Timberwolf, apart from that the motor dropped straight into the frame.

Good luck...

Old 05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks tommy. i found out one problem today. i pulled the wheels and hubs off to find the right side hub and axel are completley stripped. so a new axle will solve that one problem. but the other problem i have is the machine will only do like 15mph , i can drive it and pin the throttle but it wont even rev high. could the previous owner somehow have restricted the speed somehow ? thanks

Old 06-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

anyone get any more info ? it seems like this thing is governed. i got it running good enough to drive it around and i can pin the throttle and it picks up speed to an extent but i cant even get it to tach out. maybe low compression or something ? trying to get this running good enough to go for a good ride.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

I'll search for info.I want to ask you if I can put my Shineray 250 engine in to a 250 beartracker(if I can find one)I hope you get the quad running soon and have fun riding it.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several new parts for the Jianshe if your interested.

Quick Reply: just bought a jianshe mt lion 250 , need info plz