1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

i need help plz 200cc ya-moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help plz 200cc ya-moto

moved to Az. to go to MMI ijust got this 200cc ya-moto drit bike ( i know this is a atv forum but this the only place i found that talked about the off brands) so i could get to school and back. it has ran good for the days i had it but last night the light was cutting out on my on my way home form school . i had to hold the key on the ign. all the way to the right (on) for the lights to stay on . i was like 5 blocks away form my hopuse and had to stop at a red light then a cop pulled my over luckly he was cool and didnt give me a ticket. so today io tryed to look and see if i could fix it .

so i took the front light off then took the ign switch off (becuse i thought it was grounding out or somthing) i looked at it tested it with my muilt meter every thing looked good so i put every thing back on try to check to she if the lights would work but nope and when the key is in the on position ( all the way right) nothing happens and then i tryed to start it i dont hear any clicking form the starter motor or any thing so then i tryed to bump start it (push start it in 3rd or 4th gear) and it started right up road it down my steert turned around round it back to my house (lights were not on still) and it died when i let off the gas any ides would be greatful to me . and ty for readding this going to go post it on the off brand part of the forums also.

test the fuse it was good. i jumped the solnide and it was cranking the motor so im still thinking its igm key house prob.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've not seen a wiring diagram for you bike, so I have some questions:

Are your lights powered off the battery, or do they light only when the engine is running? In other words, when your bike was working did the lights come on when the engine was stopped and you turned on the headlights and ignition switch? That would mean your light are powered off the 12 volt battery and battery charging system - just like a car.

If your lights only light when the engine is running, and dim way down at idle then your lights are powered directly off the stator AC power. Many motorcycles work this way (and a few quads).

How many wires are on your ignition switch? Four? What are the wire colors (report the color of the wire in the main wiring harness - not the color of the switch pigtail wires going to the main harness connector)?

I'm kind of leaning toward the ignition switch being bad also if the answers to the above questions are what I think they will be.

Report back what you find. We'll figure it out .