1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 90 cc falcon

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 90 cc falcon

i just picked up this quad.at first glance its missing cdi,and complete harness.i just wanna hear it run before i go all out.i dont care anout all that stock lighting and crap i just wanna go bare bones,aside from the cdi,what do i need as far as wiring from my power source.i figured out how to rebuild the statrer.i reinstalled,then jumped it so thats outta the way.anyone have a diagram that i can work from.basicly i need to know what i need to power the coil,cdi to get spark.im not worried about connections because from my experience the stock wiring sucks.im gonna hard wire everything in.im fabbing up extended control arms now.this project is gonna be called(project baby banshee)any ideas on my electrical issue would be greatly appreciated
thanks
jonny

Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Jonny,

I'm thinking that this is a bigger job than you think it is. Wiring harnesses are cheap if you can find one for that quad. Why not spend $25 for a harness and get most everything working, then concentrate on the few things left that don't work (if any).

I haven't looked to see if a kazuma wiring harness is readilly available on the internet, but many harnesses are. If you can get a harness I'm betting that getting the whole quad working right with the harness would be a lot less trouble than hand wiring just the basics.

But before you even buy a harness, measure the compression. Quads that get sold as is, without wiring, and missing major components are almost always basket cases. They've been stripped for parts to keep other quads alive, and all the bad parts got put back on the quad you just bought (if they even bothered to put them back).

Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much compression should it have