1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

New to all of this probs w/a Hibird 125-10

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to all of this probs w/a Hibird 125-10

Hey I just bought a 2007 Hi-bird Qh125-10. The battery is dead ive bin tryin to kick start it but am havin no luck.. I checked the battary an it was hooked up back wards an I don't think it's the right one... Any one with info on this would be greatly appreciated.. It has 174 miles on it I flushed out the gas tank an put fresh gas in it... I'm havin a hell of a time finding info.. Thanx in advanced!! -Mike-

Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I assume you have an electric starter. Right?

Put the battery in right and jump it to your car. Turn on the ignition, make the brake light light up, and push the start button. Does the starter turn normally? Do you have spark? Do you know how to test for spark?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i will PM you. have you checked for spark? have you already completed what LynnEdwards described? check your messages.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I bought a new batt. An a new spark plug.. The electric starter works. It just won't turn over. There two wires that go from the spark plug up towards the handle bars to what looks almost like a little motor or something.. then theres two wires that go from there to no where. they were cut...( one green an one black) . Theres another green wire on the other side of the bike that was cut as well. I conected the green together an grounded out the black.. The green Got increadable hot. So I disconecceted it.. I tryed to start it with them conected an not. I tryed full choke an no gas, an with gas, When I did it with gas it made a bogging out sound. I took all the plastic off. U can see the fuel filter it's gettin gas. I looked up wire diagrams on the Hi-bird 125. the only thing I could find was what looked like a photo copy from a book. I cant make out what it says an its black an white. When I hooked up the batt an turned the key the brake an head light lit up. The starter turns it just won't start. I'm about to run out an check for a spark. The persion I got it off of said that they road it once. the other owner kick started it for them. They said it sat 4 2 years an that they didn't do anything to it.. (cut wires) They said it was like that. but still worked. The green wire coming out of the wire harness is a single wire that was cut. The one comin from the motor lookin thing has a conector on it an the black one was cut to.. Thanx for taking the time an tryin to help. Mike an my son Tyler.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

please help me with your terminology: starter works, won't turn over. do you mean that the starter will turn the engine over(cranking) but it will not fire and run? . the spark plug wire should go back to the ignition coil. LynnEdwards will correct me if i'm wrong, but mostly, the green wire is a ground wire. no wonder it got hot. your ignition coil will need to be plugged in in order to help get spark/electricity to the spark plug. more to come....

Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you post pic's of the wires from the coil to the handlebar motor like thing? This is really bizarre. Maybe with pics it will make more sense.

Quads that have sat for 2 years will need to have the carburetor thoroughly cleaned. That means completely disassembled and every jet checked for light getting through the small orofice.

Definately check for spark. Do you know how to di this correctly? Make sure *all* your kill switches are off when doing this.

Please don't go shorting random wires together. This can wreck stuff.