1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

China 110atv Struggles on hills

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

their are many places to buy the performance CDI and performance coil. BUYATVONLINE is one of the places i like because their prices are better and they have expedited shipping options.
I will say i have seen prices from 19.99 to 69.99 for the exact same performance CDI.

These Chinese ATV's require you to be handy with tools and to have patience to troubleshoot. I am using the one we bought to teach my kids how to use tools and take care of things. At some point however i will buy a japanese one so i dont have to spend so much time wrenching...

Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

We drag race our little chinese quads at the local drag track. I would change the front sproket if I were you if you can. Go smaller in the front if you want more take off power. Most people at the track usually go down 1 or 2 teeth. I bought the cdi box for 2 of my kids quads and I can't really tell that much difference. I added a pipe to all of them for about 39 bucks each. They are made for the pitbikes but sound great. Not sure of performance yet, hard to tell a difference. I changed out the main and pilot jets on all of them. Depending on the carb usually an 80 main , 40 pilot is pretty good. I get most of my stuff on ebay. Cdi was 14 bucks on there.

Here is a video of one of my kids bike with a pitbike pipe.

YouTube - Pitbike pipe on kids atv.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 5 wire CDI allows higher reving???

5 wire CDI allows higher reving??? Please tell me more. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mr.Firemouth
Most 110cc quads run an 8" rear rim with a 18" or 19" tall tire. That size should be fine.
Some have a 4 bolt pattern which can be upgraded to a 10" rim. If they have the 3 bolt pattern an 8" rim is all I have seen available at that size. Always make sure you have accurate measurements before purchasing anything! Make sure all correspondence with a seller is through email so there is a record. Phone calls are nice but hard to prove later what got said. You may buy stuff that don't fit, so emails help with returns.

The muffler pipe has a heat shield that is removable but it is not a CAT converter. To increase power I would look into a larger carb and intake if possible. (sometimes intakes are more difficult to get in a larger size). Make sure you adjust the carb to get the most performance. Then you can get a slightly larger pipe or just remove the baffle inside the muffler of the one you have.

If you go to a bigger axle gear you should get a little more torque. You might need to lengthen the chain.

Also, make sure the governor screw on the throttle control is all the way out so you are getting true wide open throttle. Check for any adjustments on the throttle cable to see if you can get the most rpms.

If you have the 5 pin connector you can get a CDI ignition box and HEI coil/wire(usually orange) that will let you rev higher and pick up a bit more power/rpm.

I usually remove the generic EGR emissions parts that are on these quads.

You can list the serial# from the frame/engine and the title will also have this info.
HTH, Rich