1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

jetmoto 150cc tranny stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetmoto 150cc tranny stopped working

My jetmoto 150 tranny stopped working today while trail riding . Started with slight slipping, then stopped working. Engine runs great just no forward or reverse. Shifter moves forward and back linkage looks good shifter arm on top of tranny moves with shifter . No odd noises, broken chain or leaks. Pulling/pushing the ATV the rear and front sprokets turn, chain feeds smooth. Acts like stuck in neutral Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Jetmotos are CVT belt driven. You probably have a broken belt. I have a 150cc quad also, but have never had to change the belt yet after about 2000 miles. Some day I will I'm sure...

Old 11-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is the CVT belt on the right side of the ATV? Behind the JETMOTO labeled cover?
Thanks for the fast reply.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Electrical Expert

I'm assuming the Jetmoto 150cc is a GY6 engine (I'm pretty sure it is).

Check out this YouTube video:

YouTube - How to Change CVT Drive Belt on a Scooter,GY6 Repair

Also, check out this link:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...fo-needed.html

In this link are two more links to downloadable GY6 service manuals. One is for a scooter, and one is for a buggy, but the engines and procedures are the same. At lot of links to GY6 service manuals have dried up in the last year. I would download these while you can and either print them out or store them on CD. I believe both the manual links inside the above link still work.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Pulled the CVT cover (left side of JetMoto) and the CVT belt was shredded as LynnEdwards suggested. Anyone have a part # for the Gates Powerlink belt? I found a small section with "Gates" and *POWERLINK* *VE* but no numbers. Searching the web found reference to a Gates part# 743-20-30 on the GY6 engine for scooters. Just want to confirm.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tracked down the jet moto parts departmernt and found belt 637-20-30. Belt looks awefully small.Have also tried 666x17x28, 699x18x28, these worked put generate too much slippage. The 637-20-30 instalation appears to require the removal of the front v shaped pulley. pulling the 637x20 bult up into the rear clutch pully doesn't provide adequate room to roll the belt on both pulleys.

Has anyone had experience with this cvt belt replacement on the JM 150cc Gy6? So far my impact wrench hasn't broke the front pully bolt loose.

Any ideas? heating it up?
The pulleys look good (no broken blades on variator, nicks in pully

Thanks,

kris

Old 01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Electrical Expert

I don't know the answer. If anyone here does I'm sure they will post it.

Another place to seek info is at www.buggynews.com

They are all about buggies (not ATVs), but many buggies use the same GY6 engine. There are a lot of good people over there with GY6 mechanical experience far better than mine. Ask in the mini-buggy engine repair section. They are fairly tolerant of ATV infiltrators .

Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tranny issue resolved!!

The CVT belt is now fully installed and the ATV is back on the trails. After upgrading to a 400 lb+ impact wrench, finally got the front pully nut off. Once this was completed, we were able to *pull* the CVT belt up all the way in the rear clutch pully and then insert it over the front shaft. (Make sure the rear half of the front pully stays in place). The weights easily roll out of their tracks. If this happens just carfully slide the back of the front pully half off the shaft and re-install the weights into their channels, replace cover and slide back onto drive shaft. Reinstall from front pully half and tighten. I elevated the rear axle and *carefully* started the ATV without the CVT cover to confirm proper operation and shifted it into forward/reverse. Kinda neat to see the CVT system in operation. Replaced CVT cover and now ATV is fully operational.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2007 Jetmoto 150 CVT belt

Did you purchase your cvt belt through Jetmoto?

I have a 07 Jetmoto 150 with a belt that I think is about to go out. I have been looking all over the internet for the 637-20-30 belt and have not had a lot of luck finding it. I know I can purchase it through Jetmoto, but I have ran into troubles with the reliability of the parts department lately. I ordered a left brake switch over two weeks ago and still haven't received it. Unlike the brake switch, I really need this belt and in a short period of time. Any suggestions on who else might have this belt?