1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Identify quad and Axle help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identify quad and Axle help

I bought this quad and can't seem to identify it. The original owners have forgotten where they bought it. It has Redcat insignia on it, but after countless hours of Googling I can't find anything that looks like it. It has a dual shock swing arm style front end and mechanical disc brake on the rear axle which is a swing arm with a single shock. As you can see in the pics the skins have a bug eye headlight configuration. See pics

The engine says 72CM cubed, does that mean it's a 70CC or how can I identify the engine size?

When I bought it the rear axle was disassembled because the bearings came apart and did a good job chewing up the inside of the axle carrier and the spacer. I had to cut up and punch out the old outer bearing races and had no way to identify the bearing I needed so I used a caliper and measured the the pieces of the bearing I had left and came out to be a 6905ZZ or 6905-2RS. Which do ya'll recommend and do i need an oil seal to protect the bearing?
Here is a pic of the axle laid out in the order I think it goes together.

Appreciate any help I can get.
Steve

Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Still haven't identified the engine size or model of the ATV, but I got the rear axle back together and working. I'm not sure if it 100% right, but it works. After talking to a bearing supplier, I went with the 6905-2RS because it a rubber sealed bearing and should keep crude out better than the 6905zz which is a metal sheilded bearing, but not sealed.

I can't see to keep it running without holding the throttle open a little. Need to read the carb adjustment sticky, I guess.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

in the top left photo on the steering rod, that looks like the VIN. is there 17 digits there? if so, that's the VIN, here's a VIN decoder. plug in the numbers and it'll tell you what it is/etc....

VIN View /// AnalogX

just input the 17 digits on the upper right of the box, you'll see where, click decode and BAM, there you go..........
on your carb, pull it off and clean it good before adjusting it. just to make sure it's clean. there's no sense in doing all of the adjustment just to get frustrated if it ain't right and end up cleaning it anyway. save yourself some heartache, clean the jets/floats then adjust it. let us know how it goes.....holler back if it's a redcat or whatever and let us know........see ya'

Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry for the late reply. yes that was the VIN on the steering shaft and I checked it on Analog X and came up empty handed. I tinkered with the carb a little and got it running okay and have since sold it and bought another.

Thanks for you help and advice.