1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Noise coming from transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise coming from transmission.

I have a Falcon 110c ATV that has been great so far. However, i have noticed that there's a "popping" noise coming from the sprocket area in the gearbox (transmission). It only makes the sound when it's in gear.

I noticed on top of the case that there is a plastic bolt on top that can be opened with a flat tipped screwdriver. I opened it but all i can see is the housing... i can't see any further than maybe a 1/2 inch. Does it supposed to have some kind of fluid in the transmission/gearbox? I have noticed also that it is hard to shift from 1st to N to R sometimes. At times i have to kick it pretty hard to get in gear.

Any ideas?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it makes the "popping" noise when it is in motion, the noise may be coming from underneath the front sprocket cover, not inside the transmission. Sometimes the chain will make this sound if it is not correctly aligned with the sprockets, or if the chain is too tight. A rusted chain with limited movement could also mimick this sound. If the machine has not been ridden much since new, it's also possible that the chain may not be fully seating on the sprockets. If this sounds like it could be a possilbility, I would suggest removing the front sprocket cover and carefully examining how the teeth of the sprocket mesh with the chain on the front and rear.

If I understand you correctly about the plastic bolt, you are referring to the sight hole for aligning the timing mark. Only add oil at the dipstick location, the left side engine cover requires no lubrication.