1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

bashan 150 rough running

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bashan 150 rough running

hey peeps

need a bit of advise got 2 bashan 150/atvs bought 1 and ran fine apart from the battery wasnt charging.....it then started running really roughand was leaking fuel from the overflow adjusted the float and this has stopped but in starting if it does not start straight away it floods the air filter box ....
where do i go from here all help is most appreciaited

cheers

Old 05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bazza b
hey peeps

need a bit of advise got 2 bashan 150/atvs bought 1 and ran fine apart from the battery wasnt charging.....it then started running really roughand was leaking fuel from the overflow adjusted the float and this has stopped but in starting if it does not start straight away it floods the air filter box ....
where do i go from here all help is most appreciaited

cheers
tear the carb apart, it sounds like the float is sticking badly and not seating therefore flooding it badly.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default bashan 150 rough running

Originally Posted by Jaster94
tear the carb apart, it sounds like the float is sticking badly and not seating therefore flooding it badly.

cheers mate
thanks for the info i stripped out the float chamber and adjusted the tab on the float to stop it leaking out the overflow.
could i have overdone it and this is causing the rough running no idle and leaking fuel back out the air filter box when trying to start.
again thanks for ur help

Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Whenever fuel is leaking out the overflow and air cleaner you also need to check the oil. Fuel sometimes flows into the cylinder, past the rings and into the oil - diluting it. Smell the dipstick for the presence of gas. Change the oil is gas is present.

Sounds like your needle seat valve has crud in it allowing fuel to leak by even when the float is at its max height. Do you have a fuel filter installed? Crud in the tank can keep coming through and repolluting the valve without a fuel filter.

Do you have a fuel shutoff (petcock) valve? Turn it off and then crank with wide open throttle for a while. Lots of air should lean out the rich mixture and maybe start it up. It should run on just the float bowl contents at idle for a couple minutes. That will give you another data point to think about and help isolate the problem.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks
yeah its got a fuel filter on it and if you shut the fuel off it will start and rev well but still wont idle when i adjusted the the float valve i made sure it was clean i think the mixture is 2 rich from other posts ive seen
cheers

Old 05-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, if it won't idle, does it rev up ok? then your idle jet is partially plugged and can't feed enough gasoline to the cylinder. clean it real good.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

it revs but its delayed and starts poping and cuts out but if you shut the fuel off it revs alot better
been looking for diagrams as it was second hand and the person who owned it has clearly been trying to sort it do you know where i can get 1 its a sheng wey

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bazza b
it revs but its delayed and starts poping and cuts out but if you shut the fuel off it revs alot better
been looking for diagrams as it was second hand and the person who owned it has clearly been trying to sort it do you know where i can get 1 its a sheng wey
You certainly have carburetor problems. Either your float valve is leaking or you set the float height too high, so you're going to have to take it apart again and do some cleaning/inspection.

What sort of diagrams? Wire diagrams? I don't have a wiring diagram for your particular quad, but there are only a finite number of ways to wire one up. What are you trying to fix?

I think your quad has a GY6 engine. There are lots of engine service manuals for these available for download. Here are a couple examples in the following link:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...fo-needed.html

Don't worry if the service manual is for a scooter. The engine is the same...