1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Chinese Wilderness 50cc rear plug kill

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Wilderness 50cc rear plug kill

Hello,

My oldest son has this little 50cc Wilderness AtV that we bought him a couple years ago. He has not rode it in a year or so since I bought him a little dirt bike for his birthday. When he rode it last, I drainedthe remainder of the gas and all out of the carb so it wouldnt sit up. I was going through the garage the other day and thought I'd get it cleaned up and sell it as he never rides it and is close to being to big for it. I went to the store and bought a new battery as the one it had would not charge. I have found everything but the little plug that goes int the rear of theATV that was the pull kill switch. I can't locate the exact one online anywhere and was wondering if there was something that I could make or temporarily do to make sure it wll still run. I dont want to sink a ton of time or money in it so just alittle help on a make shift pin or how to bypass would be greatly appreciated. I will make sure I find the pin before its sold!!! Thanks!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That "plug" that you insert holds open a spring loaded switch that wants to close. When the plug is pulled off, the switch contacts snap closed and shorts the kill switch wiring to ground - killing the engine.

To disable this device look for a connector that connects this switch assembly to the main wiring harness. Then unplug it. The kill switch section of the wiring harness now sees an open circuit which is what you need for the quad to run.