1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

What is this ?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the long gap in posts, I had a newborn baby taking up most of my time. I ordered a 6 pin AC cdi and put it on, no spark. I did add an in line fuse as u suggested. Also that ground pin in the cdi wiring harness is still broken. I did look at the link u gave me and I will get that fixed. Could that broken pin prevent spark ? Should I order what I need for the pin before I order the ignition coil ?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This can be DC voltage error or the AC volt may be having some leaks.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by andersbe83
.... Also that ground pin in the cdi wiring harness is still broken. I did look at the link u gave me and I will get that fixed. Could that broken pin prevent spark ? Should I order what I need for the pin before I order the ignition coil ?
Are you still measuring 7 ohms for the ignition coil primary winding? You should be measuring this right at the coil itself - leaving out any bad pins.

CDIs will not work without a ground wire. If it is completely open find some way to make the CDI ground pin grounded when it is plugged in. Stick a screwdriver (or something) in the connector and use alligtor clips to ground it . If it is just a poor connection then you should be able to make spark or not by wiggling wires while cranking the engine.