1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Jetmoto 150cc Starting problems someone help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150cc Starting problems someone help

okay so i got a used jetmoto automatic 150cc quad dont know the year and it will not kick in the motor to start up to idle, the starter turns on and turns, i put in a new solenoid and a new battery, the spark plug was working that day but doesn't spark now when in the atv, gonna test and see if thats the problem, but i dont think it is and i got a new fuse in it also but the engine doesn't seem to want to kick in when the starter turns any ideas?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by maz21
okay so i got a used jetmoto automatic 150cc quad dont know the year and it will not kick in the motor to start up to idle, the starter turns on and turns...
Is your starter clutch slipping? The starter motor spins freely (and fast) but the engine crankshaft doesn't turn? If so you most likely have a bad starter clutch.

Originally Posted by maz21
... i put in a new solenoid and a new battery, the spark plug was working that day but doesn't spark now when in the atv, gonna test and see if thats the problem, but i dont think it is and i got a new fuse in it also but the engine doesn't seem to want to kick in when the starter turns any ideas?
I'm confused. If your engine isn't turning (even though the starter is) why would expect to get spark? The spark is timed to precisely coincide with the engine crankshaft being rotated through a particular position (just before top dead center). But if you engine isn't turning then you can't ever get there...

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem correctly?

Also... Make sure you didn't put your new battery in backwards... If you did that the starter will turn backwards, but the starter clutch will not engage (because the starter is turning backwards). The starter motor will just spin and spin... .