1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Quad wont start now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High boost yes there is an inline fuse holder with two fuses in there I saw those the other night and they looked good I may just try and replace them anyway to see if it helps.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

Also If that fuse went bad wouldnt I not be able to start it by jumping the solenoid though? As of right now thats the only way I can start it with a screwdriver.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

Hello; Bring me up to speed with a few details if you don't mind I did read though everything however something not clear to me...

are you getting cranking when the brake is compressed and the starter button hit? or nothing at all?

I just got one of these a few weeks ago and I'm going to tell you up front yes they are fun and my kids LOVE them however I had them apart longer then they have been riding them - I'm actually ok with that cause I bought these to learn from also..

did you buy this new or second hand? I highly recommend these few changes right away if your machine is used.

- change the oil asap as these things come with cheap shipping oil and if the previous owner never did (if damage hasn't occured yet) change it
- change the fuel filter to a higher quailty inline filter

just two things I had to get done after I notice rust in the fuel filter they are cheap..

anyhow back to no power - if your cranking then we have power but lack either fuel or spark or both

if we have no power at all check the CDI center pin I believe is the kill switches remove that pin plug back in your cdi and try again - this will tell us if we have a kill issue then we can put that back in and trouble shoot each one seperatly

but first let me know if you have cranking - or nothing altogether

Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

ok sorry I read over a few things again I seen you have no power at all and no cranking..

here's what I faced a few days ago with same issue I had nothing at the switch I would suspect your CDI - again as mention in last post there is and I believe it is the center pin Lynn has a 5 pin CDI diagram that shows the kill switches removing this will allow us to know if were facing a kill issue and I suspect something still tripped.. the other thing I had was a broken wire at the hand brake kill switch check that there are two wires going to the brake lever... unplug your cdi blow it out and reconnect - I highly recommend unplugging all connections blowing and reconnecting.. and try again

Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

Well I just took off most of the plastic body and checked all wires which seem top be good. I saw the rear brake lever is attached to pull a piece that has a spring attached to it. I pulled it all the way out but it didn't start. I also looked at the inline fuse by the battery and in there it holds an extra fuse so I switched them still nothing. I tried jumping it with a screw driver again and it cranks but the idle doesn't hold steady and it just stalls.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark on my 110cc ATV

I'm not getting spark , the motor cranks fine but will not start.
also it seems like the battery is not staying charged...
what could this be.....

I thought maybe the stator or even the voltage regulator.
any advice would be great.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

Desjardins thanks for all that info. This I bought used from someone so basically second hand but he stated it was hardly used. I will definitely change the oil asap and the fuel filter. I ran across a page called motopartsmax.com is this a good place to get performance parts. I also dont mind having it apart alot because I too would like to learn since this is my first quad and just to have my kids have the thrill of being on it a few times is worth it to me. I recently just ordered a new starter relay (solenoid) and air filter. Is there any good oil I should look for? I was also looking at ordering a performance cdi and new spark plug. Do you think the performance cdi will make a big difference? I am going to try the cdi center pin and see how that goes for me and ill post my results in a little while. Also just to be a little bit more clear when using the starter button on the handle bar i get no cranking and no lights. Basically seems like as if i had the battery disconnect but I am getting good voltage from it. The only way I can get it to crank is by jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver but it only cranks but does not stay on. I am going to try again in a little maybe it was flooded with gas and that was why it wouldn't stay on.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

see the lights is what concerns me they should come on regardless of kill switches - really check that fuse from the battery - take the fuse out, take a screwdriver and plug the little circle hooks to the screwdriver - just bypass the fuse to see if there is juice , again I would unplug everything and blow out check the pins are not bent in anything and reconnect.. BUT aside from the starter issue do you have spark at the plug? if NO then you def have a kill switch tripped

Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

I have not checked the spark yet but I will look at the fuse by the battery again. I will try the screwdriver idea...basically just plug both circle clips on the screwdriver and see if it starts right? Also how can I check for spark on the spark plug? Btw I just ordered a new performance cdi unit... a new inline fuel filter. Also whats the best oil I can use for this? COuld it possible be that I put to much fuel in the fuel tank it just seems weird because the other night we were trying to start it , it had no power my girlfriend got on it and the lights came on for a second...she said she stepped on the foot brake but for the life of me I cannot get it to work again...Maybe after removing the middle pin of the 5 pin cdi might by pass that ill try that tonight and see if it works.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

Oh I also ordered a Iridium spark plug for it (NGK "7544" CR7HIX Iridium spark plug)

Quick Reply: Quad wont start now!!!