1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

wiring headache

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring headache

Hey everyone, I have recently acuired a panther 110 atv. The harness is trash, but i did work with it for about 3 days and got a blue spark and i put a new carb on it. I know it is getting gas, but it will not start or even hit like it is even trying to start. Anyone run into this problem before? by the way, the original motor had 2 teeth broke off the transmission gear, so i had to buy a used motor. this motor has a different stator plug,, and i need to kno how to wire it up. any suggestions appreciated

Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by smallquad110
Hey everyone, I have recently acuired a panther 110 atv. The harness is trash, but i did work with it for about 3 days and got a blue spark and i put a new carb on it. I know it is getting gas, but it will not start or even hit like it is even trying to start. Anyone run into this problem before? by the way, the original motor had 2 teeth broke off the transmission gear, so i had to buy a used motor. this motor has a different stator plug,, and i need to kno how to wire it up. any suggestions appreciated
The first thing I notice is that you got "a blue spark". Only one? Or do you get steady spark at about 10 times per second while cranking ?

The second thing I notice is that you said "this motor has a different stator plug,, and i need to kno how to wire it up". This is a red flag to me, since if the stator isn't wired up at all you cannot possibly have any spark at all.

So how many wires on this stator plug and what are the colors? Give me both the wires colors on the wiring harness side, and the wire colors coming out of the stator (and please specify which wire color list is from the stator and which is from the wiring harness).