1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help???

Any one familiar with subaru quads? I KNOW I'M WASTING MY TIME ASKING ANYTHING I HAVE ONLY GOT 2 GOOD ANSWERS ON HERE FROM OTHER BIKE QUESTIONS. FIRST OFF I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR USING CAPS I CAN'T SEE OTHER LETTERS...I RECENTLY HAVE 2 QUADS LIKE BRAND NEW BUT ONE HAS THE WIRING HARNESS RIPPED APART ON IT(SOMEONE'S DOMESTIC DISPUTE) SO I BOUGHT THE BIKES AND NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM 2008 SUBARU SDXLO I HAVE THE GOOD ONE LISTED ON CRAIGS LIST GREAT 4 WHEELER BUT WOULD LOVE TO GET A PDF DOWNLOAD WIRING DIAGRAM FOR IT OR PDF MANUAL WITH THE DIAGRAM IF ANY ONE HAS IT.. ANY OTHER INFO ON THIS BIKE GREATLY APPRECIATED.. THANK YOU

Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just found a sticker its a 500 cc still need wiring schematic tho

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my apologies.....i've never heard of the suburu quads. are the quads identical? sorry i don't have a wiring diagram. have you contacted suburu? surely they have something on file/online for you.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I can't find a good number to call on them i tried all parts places online as you they have never heard of such a quad.i have a cluster of black ground wires and a cluster of brown wires all been cut no idea where they would fit back in place at in the routing of wires the main orange red blue greens go front to back seem to be in good shape but right in the very front its a total mess i really don't want to tear the good bike harness apart to fix the one but looks like unfortunately i will more than likely be doing that and yes they are identical from tomoto industries inc pomona ca they are sdxlo's 500 cc kinda resemble a raptor but no idea if the wiring diagram would cross over

Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw your private email. I've on vacation and haven't had much internet access (that I was willing to pay for, anyway - $18 per night? Yea, right). I'm cheap, what can I say?

I've never heard of this quad, and have no information on it. From what I've seen on the internet it does not seem like another generic "me too" quad. It seems completely out in its own realm, but I'm not positive. For me, I'm the type that wants to buy the "me too" generic quads because of the shared information data base, and ready access to parts from lots of sources. I'm not sure you made a wise decision buying this "out in left field" quad. I hope I'm wrong....

In your first post I detected some frustration at the lack of response to your initial question. For you, and others, it is important to note that a lack of response isn't a snub of any kind - it simply means we don't know.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its ok we had 2 of them identical we tore one harness apart to find and fix the other one it was just a pain with out a diagram but they are both up and running great fastest 4 wheelers in town and theres 2! Msrp on them is 5999.99 and they have less than 700 total hours on them both one has 300 something other 650 or so great bikes. Not too bad a buy for 900 bucks don't ya think?:d but the no answer part i'm used to it on here i'm a girl they don't understand my questions..its all good tho AND I COULD HAVE WAITED. VERY PATIENT

Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Odd that even searching Subaru's global site I see nothing about atv's. I did see they use Fuji motors in some things. Wonder if it's a Fuji clone marked Subaru?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm like the rest of the guy's, never heard of a Subaru atv,but have seen Chinese atvs even sold on the side of the highways down here straight off flat bed trailers?? There's at least a hundred or more different Chinese made atv's last time I tried to count. Maybe you can get some contact info here. Atv Subaru-Atv Subaru Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com Does appear to be a Japanese imported engine to China??
OPT

Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
i'm like the rest of the guy's, never heard of a subaru atv,but have seen chinese atvs even sold on the side of the highways down here straight off flat bed trailers?? There's at least a hundred or more different chinese made atv's last time i tried to count. Maybe you can get some contact info here. atv subaru-atv subaru manufacturers, suppliers and exporters on alibaba.com does appear to be a japanese imported engine to china??
Opt
it looks like the 450 by the plastic style but it is a 500 cc and doesn't look like the one they have there according to the plastic

Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by SAY IT ISN'T SO
it looks like the 450 by the plastic style but it is a 500 cc and doesn't look like the one they have there according to the plastic
The only thing I could find was the 450. (in the video) Any other stamps on the engine at all?