1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

madcat 110cc stator problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question madcat 110cc stator problem

hi people,i'm new here so take it easy ...i have a madcat 110cc and it's not starting.seems like a common problem for chinese quads.it has a new starter,rectifier,5 pin cdi,6 pole stator,ignition key barrel,killswitch/start button,starter solenoid and loom.i think the loom is abit different from the last one but the quad is turning over but not firing.it's not getting much power from the stator it's only getting 17 to 19 volt to the ac ignition wire and 0.2 from the trigger wire.

so i'm stuck.

the wiring is as follows...
rectifier:red to battery,green to ground,yellow to stator,white to stator.

cdi:red/black to stator,green to ground,blue/white to stator,black white to killswitch,black/yellow to coil.

stator:green to ground,blue/white to cdi,black/red to cdi,yellow to rectifier,white to rectifier.

coil:black/yellow to cdi,green to ground.

key:red to battery,green to ground,black to start switch,black/white to killswitch.

the resistance for ac wire is 495 and 146 for trigger and killswitch is 496.

any help or advice is grateful.really need help.thanks.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

Are you getting a spark at the plug? Take the plug out with the cord attached and rest it against the block while turning it over. That's a good place to start.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks airb for the reply.yeah tried that and even pulled out the killswitch.still nothing.it's not getting enough power from the ac wire of the stator.am i missing a wire or is there something wrong with my flywheel.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by curwin87
thanks airb for the reply.yeah tried that and even pulled out the killswitch.still nothing.it's not getting enough power from the ac wire of the stator.am i missing a wire or is there something wrong with my flywheel.
No problem, I don't have a good understanding of Chinese quads but there might be wiring diagrams online if you search them for your quad

Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i seen one of the diagrams on here and it seem's to be wired right but just not enough power output from the stator.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

I would check all the wires on the machine for frayed or loose connection for shorts.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Range Rover

So I guess you are not getting a spark at the plug. Have you ever thought it may be the CDI?

Everyone seems to want the stator to be the problem when they very seldom are. The CDIs are the weak link.

Since you have had it, Has it ever ran? If it has, when and why did it stop? Did you run through water and it just died? Were you riding it and stopped for a rest and then it wouldn't start? Did you get it from a friend and he said it just wouldn't start for him anymore?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi armagh.it was a project quad i bought that didn't run.the last man that had it wasn't any good at wiring so i bought it of him cheap.i got a new cdi and stator and rectifier.so im baffled.