1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

E-Ton 90cc Sierra DXL

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation E-Ton 90cc Sierra DXL

My eton when going full throttle bogs out and shuts itself off. I have cleaned the carburetor and all the jets, also sprayed some carb cleaner in it. The carb was not cleaned in a while, in fact that was my first time cleaning it ever since i got it in 2009. I am going to purchase a new one because i think that is the problem.... and another suggestions? Also the carb is leaking

Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you just spray the jets or did you remove them and clean them so as to see daylight through all of the orifices and down the center of the jets? THAT is critical. it sounds like it's starving for fuel thus bogging down and dying. where's the carb leaking? if it's running out of the airbox or flooding the engine or out the overflow, your float/needle valve is stuck open. you'll need to open the carb back up and clean that needle valve and make sure it ain't sticking anymore. usually carb cleaner, a Qtip, and compressed air will get that cleaned for ya.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Jaster94
did you just spray the jets or did you remove them and clean them so as to see daylight through all of the orifices and down the center of the jets? THAT is critical. it sounds like it's starving for fuel thus bogging down and dying. where's the carb leaking? if it's running out of the airbox or flooding the engine or out the overflow, your float/needle valve is stuck open. you'll need to open the carb back up and clean that needle valve and make sure it ain't sticking anymore. usually carb cleaner, a Qtip, and compressed air will get that cleaned for ya.
Thank you i will try that and get back to you

Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ok. sounds good. it is critical the jets are clean. do you have a fuel filter on the quad? if not, it ain't hard to spud one in on the line upstream of your carb. just get the inline style, just like for your lawn mower, cut the hose and stuff it in between the hoses and BAM, there ya go. inline filter.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

ok. sounds good. it is critical the jets are clean. do you have a fuel filter on the quad? if not, it ain't hard to spud one in on the line upstream of your carb. just get the inline style, just like for your lawn mower, cut the hose and stuff it in between the hoses and BAM, there ya go. inline filter.
Yeah I have a filter and today I'm going to replace the fuel lines and get into the carb

Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Okay I cleaned out the jets and carb again today and it seems to work a lot better, but anyway to get more power? Also on my 150cc eton viper do you think I can convert from manual to auto choke ?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

is your throttle stroke limited by the governor screw behind the thumb throttle or limited by the throttle cable turnbuckle adjuster? either one can limit power. other than that, there are mods to do to the quad.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

is your throttle stroke limited by the governor screw behind the thumb throttle or limited by the throttle cable turnbuckle adjuster? either one can limit power. other than that, there are mods to do to the quad.
I can replace with both just don't know where to put the electric choke on like where to connect