1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Loncin 110 ATV starting issues, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loncin 110 ATV starting issues, need help.

I have an 110cc Loncin ATV that I need help with. It is a small bike that has no clutch or gear shifting to worry about. The main issue is it won't start. None of the handlebar switches will do anything (ie turn on lights, light up brake light when I pull the brake, sound horn, or get the engine to start/click/etc) Here are the diagnosis that I have done:

1. The starter will crank when I bypass the solenoid, so I imagine I have a good starter.
2. No lights come on at all
3. The battery is good and holds a charge, but seems to drain slowly from the remote box.
4. I have spark
5. The brake switch (not sure the official term, but the one that you gotta have engaged to get it to start) is most likely not bad, as I switched it with one from another bike.

But from there I am stumped. I don't know what my issue would be. The ATV will not idle when I try to bypass the solenoid (I have limited experience on small engines but on a '53 tractor I worked on when I bypassed the solenoid I could get the tractor to idle. But on the ATV I didn't crank it too much b/c I didn't want to burn it up).

Should I start with a new solenoid to rule out the handlebar switches? What else could I test, or check to narrow down the problem before I just start throwing $ at new parts in hopes of getting the right part?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-24-2016, 02:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

Your problem is probably either the remote box or the main wire from battery to fuse to ignition switch to solenoid. On some the ignition live goes to the start switch, on some the start switch is on the negative wire to the solenoid. Start at one end and check until you find which part of the circuit isn't working. It is doubtful if the idling problem has anything to do with the wiring fault, but get the starting sorted first.