1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

(New to this forum) My China quad has no spark!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (New to this forum) My China quad has no spark!!!

I got this 4 wheeler for free. And it has a no spark issue. So I just ordered the whole harness off Amazon because it was cheap and didn’t want to fuss with troubleshooting the no spark issue. I literally just ordered the 2 coil kit they have on Amazon And it came in today and the connectors are different and I also noticed the cdi box and the voltage regulator are both half the size of the original ones that were on there is that normal??? . And some wire colors didn’t exactly match either. Hooked up all up the only way it could go... and still no spark. Mine also has lights on the handlebars for neutral and reverse That are not on the new harness I just got. My cdi box is like 2 inches longer and a little wider than the one in the kit. And the old regulator has a 6 pin connector and the new only has 4. The old ignition coil only had a black/yellow wire to it. Now the new one has black/yellow and a green wire. So many differences???

The only marking on the plastics I see is it says 110cc on the right rear fender under the seat.

I tried to do more research last night and found the serial number on the left side down tube frame and it says LAAA55HA662005400.

After looking that up it says it’s a 2006 Jialing quad. But from other ppl on YouTube I’ve heard the name brand doesn’t really help with anything.

My original harness and stator doesn’t have any bullet connectors. It uses normal white connectors with flat pins in them. I also noticed the gauge wire size for the battery posts on the new harness are a smaller size wire then the old harness. Everything on the new harness looks the same it’s just a smaller scale then my old harness. Regulator, cdi, battery wire size are all smaller on new harness and my coil only has black/yellow wire going to it and the new coil and harness have black/yellow and green

Those are the only harnesses I can find on Amazon and eBay that go to China quads. But all are smaller than mine. If you have any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it

Old 12-16-2020, 04:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 308 Likes on 302 Posts

Fix the fault on your existing harness using the info in the help diagnose stator sticky at the top of this section. I am repeating myself here, as you are not the first, or even the tenth, to have put up the same post. If you are good enough at auto electrics to fit a "universal" harness, you are good enough to have fixed the existing one, so don't need it.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
Fix the fault on your existing harness using the info in the help diagnose stator sticky at the top of this section. I am repeating myself here, as you are not the first, or even the tenth, to have put up the same post. If you are good enough at auto electrics to fit a "universal" harness, you are good enough to have fixed the existing one, so don't need it.

I’ve been reading through the sticky you mentioned and tested all the other components but I haven’t seen anything about what the reading should be coming out of the CDI to the coil on the black/yellow wire?

4 pin DC CDI. I have checked all the wires on the CDI and I’m getting key on 12V to the black wire on bottom right corner, good ground to the green in bottom left corner, good pulse from the blue/white in the top left corner, and I’m only showing .5V AC on the black/yellow wire coming out to the coil.

No spark and the only other things I think it could be would be the CDI is bad or the Ignition coil is bad??? Any info would be appreciated thanks in advance

Old 12-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 308 Likes on 302 Posts

There are two different DC systems, one uses the 1980s car system, which feeds a negative pulse from the "CDI" and the coil is fed a constant 12v positive on another wire from the ignition switch. The other system uses the same high voltage set up as an AC CDI, so the other wire to the coil is earthed. You need to know which you have. If the second type, which seems to be the case as your old coil has only one wire (negative must go in/out through the mounting post), I would guess the new coil you got with the Amazon set should work, green wire will go to earth, worth trying anyway.