3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Chinese Quads

Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Quads

I hear a lot of bad mouthing about Chinese Quads...I guess from Honda, and other brand name owners. I have two Chinese 250 Quads...I have had only a couple of small issues with them. I guess if i wanted to go out and race or try to tear them apart i could...But i know of Honda's, Polaris, and other brand name Quads breaking down too. Look if your looking to go out to the woods, or just ride around your block, these Chinese Quads are a bargain for the price. It also gets people that cant aford big prices, a chance to get out and enjoy quad riding too. I also have had never had a problem finding a part ..I havnt had many issues but i know when i look on line i find what i need....Soooooo Quess what im saying here is if you just want to go do some trial riding and enjoy the ride..Chinese Quads are Great.

Last edited by scootergptx; 06-20-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: pizza
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmmm.....one post, not harping on you for defending Chinese quads, properly maintained, they can be cheap fun, but as a whole, the quality tends to be far lower than the main stream manufacturers. The link to the site.....let me guess, you are a dealer???

Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chinese quads can be OK for the right person, but most really aren't into the extra up front maintenance they need. I have a '96 Honda TRX 90, the ONLY maintenance it has ever needed was the occasional oil change, air filter maintenance, and replacing worn out chain/sprockets and tires. not bad for a 15 year old machine! You are never going to get that kind of service life from Chinese. Just my take on it.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with all of the above - especially Scooter86.

This is a classic price/performance ratio, and one must make an informed decision when deciding waht to buy. The problem is that many non mechanically inclined people get sold on the idea that these cheap quads are just as good as name brand quads and buy into this. Then when someting fails they are frustrated and mad.

Something as simple as replacing a swingarm bushing can be daunting to some, and since there is often no dealer support (like mail order quad vendors) they are left on their own. others (like me) take this in stride. No big deal.

There is a place for chinese quads if you are an informed buyer, have realistic expectations, and are able to solve mechanical problems on your own. You have to fix these things a lot, and you have to be on top of both inspection and maintenance all the time. So is it worth it? Or should you just stick to name brand quads, used name brand quads, or nothing. It is a judgement call that each individual must make for themself.

My quad has had some problems. None of them serious in my opinion, but I can easily see how others might think the problems I've had are very serious from their vantage point. It depends. I have well over 2000 miles (3 years) on my quad. It still runs great. I've towed a few name brand quads back to camp, and I've been towed once (after I wrecked my quad, and was hurt).

I would strongly suggest that anyone intersested in buying a chinese quad do a lot of research, stick to a dealer that is local in a brick and mortar building with service facilities, and seriously analyze their mechanical ability. I would also look at craigs list to see what used name brand quads are available and compare. Make an informed decision.

Bottom line: I like my quad. I've had countless hours of fun, little trouble, and don't regret my decision to buy this chinese quad at all. But I did pay a little more to get it from a brick and mortar dealer (albeit 90 miles away), and made sure they had parts and repair facilites available (which I've never had to use).

Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Noooooooo 95Wolv Im not a dealer. Just Someone giving there thoughts on Chinese Quads. Look im not saying there the best Quads out there. Im just saying for a little fun riding trails, These Chinese quads offer another way to enjoy riding trails.... So far mine have held up great for just having a little fun out there...

Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garoberts1950
I hear a lot of bad mouthing about Chinese Quads...I guess from Honda, and other brand name owners. I have two Chinese 250 Quads...I have had only a couple of small issues with them. I guess if i wanted to go out and race or try to tear them apart i could...But i know of Honda's, Polaris, and other brand name Quads breaking down too. Look if your looking to go out to the woods, or just ride around your block, these Chinese Quads are a bargain for the price. It also gets people that cant aford big prices, a chance to get out and enjoy quad riding too. I also have had never had a problem finding a part ..I havnt had many issues but i know when i look on line i find what i need....Soooooo Quess what im saying here is if you just want to go do some trial riding and enjoy the ride..Chinese Quads are Great...by the way heres a link to a lot of parts...have a great time out there..

you start riding that chinese atv like we ride ours- you'll find a lot more things breaking- grass fields, flat trails, close to home is one thing...as far as long trails rides, last thing you want 80 miles from camp is a cheaply made atv breaking on you. Trail quads take a beating around here. I've ridden chinese atv's- huge huge difference in the comfort, handling , power and performance when compared to a japanese, american or canadian atv's- there really is no comparision. I guess if you're not into all day or weekend atv camping trips- you'll be fine with a chinese atv- but I've never ever seen a chinese atv on any atv trail up north or 30 + miles out on a mountain trail.

I bought my 7 yo a new chinese 110 atv a couple years ago- biggest pos ever- electrical system shot, starter fried, bolts would snap- rock hard shocks & seat- everything would break on it and he hardly even rode it.

Last edited by scootergptx; 06-20-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: pizza removal
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Well, I guess parts are easy to find if you haven't broken it yet.

For a low budget entry level quad, there are some good and some bad ones. As far as "trying to tear them apart" it would seem the majority come with function installed.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a lot of people look at the chinese quads as disposable because they do break and require more maintenance than the name brands. BUT, people still buy/sell/trade/restore/upgrade them because they are entry level cheap as scootergptx has said and parts are cheap. if one can deal with turning a wrench, tracing wires, and fixing problems, and saving some money, then chinese quads are there. they are an excellent learning tool as it is just a matter of time before something goes awry. that's when opportunity knocks. but as beergut eluded, i don't see chinese quads on trails. the frames, suspensions, and the rider's butt can't handle the ride very well. to each his own. i have and have had different chinese quads, they're ok.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

I got a Kazuma 50 for free that needed a battery and carb work. Fixed it up and it has run great. My son rides it and rarely stresses it out. Starts every time and has been a good machine.

I am currently working on fixing a Kazuma 110 Falcon. I agree with the others that these machines are stiff and may need maintaining, but for kids to ride they are great. With my very limited budget it is not a question of new Chinese or used Japanese...I am buying used Chinese for low dollars and fixing (hopefully) for cheap. I have more time than money, and I actually enjoy tinkering with these things. It gives me the opportunity to have my kids ride for only a few hundred bucks invested.

Would I ride one as hard as I ride my beat up 1986 Suzuki 230? Probably not. I'm very impressed with my 25 year old ride and the beating it takes (and has taken from previous owners).

Old 06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris

Buddy if you want a bang for the buck look into a Polaris scrambler. I have owned many other bikes but for just straight out the box toughness the polaris has it hands down. I recently bought a 400 Sport and was suprised with what you could do with this machine and not spend a arm and a leg. I can hold its own in the trails and jumps. I have already beat a predator 500 a couple of warriors a 400ex and a 500 scrambler. It awesome.

Originally Posted by garoberts1950
I hear a lot of bad mouthing about Chinese Quads...I guess from Honda, and other brand name owners. I have two Chinese 250 Quads...I have had only a couple of small issues with them. I guess if i wanted to go out and race or try to tear them apart i could...But i know of Honda's, Polaris, and other brand name Quads breaking down too. Look if your looking to go out to the woods, or just ride around your block, these Chinese Quads are a bargain for the price. It also gets people that cant aford big prices, a chance to get out and enjoy quad riding too. I also have had never had a problem finding a part ..I havnt had many issues but i know when i look on line i find what i need....Soooooo Quess what im saying here is if you just want to go do some trial riding and enjoy the ride..Chinese Quads are Great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chinese Quads