3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Where to find exhaust system for 200cc Loncin

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011 | 10:27 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Where to find exhaust system for 200cc Loncin

This morning, I bought a well used (brand unknown) sport style ATV with a Loncin 200cc motor. My first ATV. It came with a known "no spark" issues, and no exhaust header or muffler. Spent the afternoon fixing the electrical issues and I am now getting spark. There were a variety of contributing factors, including incorrect wiring harnesse, broken start/kill switches, and just plain messy wiring.

Next, I need to get a replacement exhaust header and muffler. Any advice on vendors/parts to use? I believe the motor is a GY6 clone, but 200cc seems to be a less common displacement. Haven't really come across anything in my web searches. Will a pipe and muffler from either a 150 or a 250 work?

Separately, the wiring harness from the transmission (neutral safety interupt and gear indicator lighting for the dashboard?) is completely trashed. Any reason I can't run without this?

Last, but not least, got a couple of broken bolts on the rear drive sprocket. I've removed the left rear wheel, taken the chain off, taken the cotter-pin retained nut off the axle. It's not clear to me how to take the rest of the axle off so I can remove the sprocket.

Will have lots more questions in the coming days. I foresee some brake issues as well. Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to participating here.

Old 06-26-2011 | 08:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Welcome to the forum rbstern!

A 200cc GY6? never seen one.. can you up load a picture or 2?

I would think any pipe that fit would be ok..

no clue on the wiring (LynnEdwards can be more help).. but if youve got spark.. thats a good thing..

On the axle most have nuts that hold it in place.. most only go in from 1 side.. a picture would help..

Are there any numbers on the frame?

Old 06-26-2011 | 10:01 AM
|
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Welcome to the forum rbstern!

A 200cc GY6? never seen one.. can you up load a picture or 2?

I would think any pipe that fit would be ok..

no clue on the wiring (LynnEdwards can be more help).. but if youve got spark.. thats a good thing..

On the axle most have nuts that hold it in place.. most only go in from 1 side.. a picture would help..

Are there any numbers on the frame?
Thanks for the reply. The motor may not be 200cc. I am going based on what the seller told me, and he had previously bought it as a project. I thought most of these motors in this size range were GY6 clones. Just my ignorance showing.

I looked for identifying numbers on the frame. Couldn't find anything immediately obvious. Is there a standard location where the manufacturs stamp model numbers?

The wiring is more or less under control. The previous owner was troubleshooting the spark problem by swapping parts: New CDI, new coil, new harness, among other things. I stripped everything away and started at square one with just the original CDI wired up. Once I saw it would spark correctly, I knew the culprit was elsewhere. Sure enough, I took the handlebar start/stop/light switch assembly apart last night on the workbench, and found a broken solder connection for a kill switch wire, and a corroded make/break terminal on the start button that wouldn't make a closed circuit. The kill switch was probably shorting to ground and killing the spark.

I've repaired the switch and will put it back on the atv once I've verified the regulator works correctly. There's a fair amount of surface rust that has to be taken care of first, and I want to make sure the drivetrain and axles are all in good working order before I put the finish touches on the electrical system.

Motor and axle pics follow. Appreciate your insights.

Old 06-26-2011 | 10:16 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

It looks 200cc.. but its not a GY6.. the GY6 is a scooter type engine/CVT combo originally made for Scooters..

Your looks like my Jetmoto 200 and 250....Id think you could find a pipe/muffler for it.. any of the Tao Tao parts should fit..or could be made to fit..

As for the axle.. you need to remove those 2 nuts and then the hub the sprockets mounted on should come off..

Old 06-26-2011 | 10:17 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Usually the numbers are stamped on a frame tube in the front of the quad some where..

Old 06-26-2011 | 12:52 PM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks again for all of the info.

The hub was a bit sticky on the splines. Once I realized there was nothing holding it on but caked grease and dirt, it came off easily enough. I can now get to the nuts.

When I reassemble the axle, should I grease the shaft inside the tube, as well as the splines?

No luck yet on the model ID. Looking at pictures of similar sized Jet Moto atvs, they do look extremely similar. Hopefully, I'll find the right exaust. Also, I think the motor is generically called a CG200. I went and read a bunch of descriptions of the configuration, tranny, shift pattern, and it seems to fit.

Again, thanks.

Old 06-26-2011 | 04:27 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!

Originally Posted by rbstern
...Separately, the wiring harness from the transmission (neutral safety interupt and gear indicator lighting for the dashboard?) is completely trashed. Any reason I can't run without this?....
To the best of my knowledge there is no reason why you cannot run without the gear indicator lights wired up. Of course you'll have to fix (or bypass) the neutral switch / starter safety interlock wiring to get the starter motor to turn with the start button.

Old 06-26-2011 | 05:36 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
To the best of my knowledge there is no reason why you cannot run without the gear indicator lights wired up. Of course you'll have to fix (or bypass) the neutral switch / starter safety interlock wiring to get the starter motor to turn with the start button.
Appreciate the confirmation. Since I've stripped it down to just the CDI and coil at the moment, I only have to worry about adding stuff back. In case of the neutral interupt, it's one less thing to add.

P.S. Your many posts regarding CDI testing helped me figure out the no spark issue. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2015 | 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have the samew engine could u please tell me where your clutch entrical wires connect to//

Old 04-12-2015 | 07:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Maybe try a thread of your own instaed of a 4 year old thread.