3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

fushin 90cc atv wont get power

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fushin 90cc atv wont get power

Hi all- I'm looking for some help here... my son was riding his Fushin ATV and the next day he went to ride and it wouldnt start. The battery has power checked on my digital battery charger. I turn the key on but when I squeeze the brake handle the light doesnt come on and it won't start either. I was thinking it ,ight just be the brake switch... so I "borrowed" the same switch from our other Fushin ATV but still nothing so its not that.. I checked the inline fuse and it looks fine...any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated...thanks all

Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum atvdad501!

I moved this over to the chinese section so LynnEdwards can find it ..

Old 07-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for getting me to the right area

Old 07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Your welcome.

I can fix problems like this when Ive got the machine in front of me... Over the internet Im lost..

LE should be dropping by soon..

Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would suspect the ignition switch. Do you have a meter? Measure the battery voltage first while the ignition switch is on, the brake is applied and the start button pushed. If the battery voltage collapses then your battery is dead or discharged.

If it stays at 12 volts or above then the ignition switch is next. What the wire colors coming out of the ignition switch? There should be four wires.

One of the wires should be 12 volts all the time (this wire comes straight off the battery through the fuse). Often this wire is red.

One wire should be 12 volts only when the ignition switch is ground (this wire feed the starter interlock circuitry and any 12 volt powered stuff like lights. Often this wire is black.

On wire is ground all the time (often green), and one is ground only when the if the ignition switch is off or if any of the kill switches are in the "kill" position (often blk/wht). (Neither of these two wires have anything to do with your problem).

Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

LE- thanks for the response... I had replaced the switch with the keys, with the old one and the new one, when I have it on and squeeze the brake handle the brake light doesnt light up and when you push the ignition button theres nothing almost like pressing the button when the key is off...

Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

any other suggestions on why when the key is on I get no power? I squeeze the brake handle and the light doesnt come on... its as if theres no power???

Old 07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Only thing I can think of is... change the fuse.. maybe its bad?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Id also check EVERY wire connection.. by taking them apart and making sure they are tight... just had that problem with my 200..if they are loose, crimp them slightly with a pair of pliers.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

cool...I will check that now...thanks for the suggestions...we'll se how it goes

Quick Reply: fushin 90cc atv wont get power