3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

2007 odes 400cc internal engine parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 odes 400cc internal engine parts

Hello,new member here looking forward to contributing to this forum.. I come to you first with a question and some help this time around..I'm working on a 2007 4x4 odes 400cc engine.. the secondary shift arm as per the diagram is broken .. The top nub portion is broken off and needs a replacement, or last resort would be possibly drilling and pinning it which I only came up with this as last resort. The part number I found is odes manufacturer #179f.14.5-2) I currently have this machine down to the frame with a fresh coat of paint .I would love to get this machine back together as soon as possible. The engine is on my kitchen table..lol thanks in advance

Old 12-12-2018, 03:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I don't think this forum allows pictures on a first post, so your picture hasn't appeared. Anyway, the Odes was a Chinese copy of the Honda 350, so it is probable the Honda fork will fit. May be worth taking the old one to a local Honda Quad dealer to see if it is the same. If it is the part I think it is, Hondas were always breaking it too.
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemp...gearshift-fork

Old 12-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello sir, thank you for the reply,and the link.. it looks like #14 (A arm) of that diagram. I appreciate that ,I looked at some Honda diagrams and was unable to find one with that part..I had a machine shop tig weld a grade 8 bolt on the end of my broken (A arm)I'm little skeptical to use it.. he did grind out a deep V and got 4 really deep welds into it..it looks great but I may see if the splines on part number 14 will fit my gear shift shaft,or if both the shaft and a arm need to be changed out.. I was all set on putting it back together tonight after work until I seen your post..lol ah what to do,thanks again that was a great find

Old 12-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default update

So just to update this thread for forum information. I installed repaired A arm ,it appears as though the kid originally broke the A arm because it will not shift out of reverse. I'm not sure why he did not tell me it broke that way instead of it just breaking during use.. any way I did some further reading and came up with a possible broken shift plate.. I removed front cover and am in the process of getting a socket for clutch .. any insight or comments appreciated. Thank you

Old 12-16-2018, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I think both clutches need to come off to get the selector mechanism apart. The centrifugal is tight on its splines and needs a puller, just for the first 1/16" of movement. Check the star wheel is tight on the end of the shift drum. The screw in the middle can come loose on Hondas. I always Loctite it in when refitting the star wheel.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you once again sir, yes both clutches had to come off, both clutches did come off without a puller of any kind.. The shift plate was indeed the problem .it was bowed a bit.. I flattened it out put it back in assembled the front cover put oil in and problem solved!! I'm going to order a new one and put it in once it stops shifting again..it is an easy job.now on to some wiring issues and whatever else pops up..

Old 04-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Canada and I have 2 odes 400 cc and lots of parts if you need PM me and I help if still you need also I looking to but extra engine for backup if anyone have one

thanks

jerry fathi Vancouver Canada

The following users liked this post:
tkopp (12-16-2021)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hello I need some parts.

Hello I need some Odes parts.
Starter one way bearing, gear for the electric shift etc.
Let me know if you have anything or if you know where in Canada to get them.
Thx Engelal

Originally Posted by jerry fathi canada
I'm in Canada and I have 2 odes 400 cc and lots of parts if you need PM me and I help if still you need also I looking to but extra engine for backup if anyone have one

thanks

jerry fathi Vancouver Canada

Old 05-24-2019, 01:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It depends on how close a copy of the Honda 350 the Odes is, but I suspect you will find it a lot easier to get used Honda 350 parts than Odes ones.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello

Just for your information

some part ofHonda trx 350 it match with Odes not everything . for example any electrical Shifters or any gear is not match I had this problem so many time

Quick Reply: 2007 odes 400cc internal engine parts