Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New Utility Quad Which is best ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Utility Quad Which is best ??

I am interested in purchasing a New Utility Quad, I will be mainly using it to do some trail riding in Wisconsin and work around the house pulling a trailer. I am 6'2" and about 300Ibs so I don't think anything smaller then a 500 would be practical. I originally liked the Yamaha 660 Grizz but after looking at them all I seem to be leaning towards the Honda Rincon, I have just recently looked at the Bombardier (on the internet) and their machines look nice but do seem a little pricey. I know people who have had Hondas for years and seem happy with them still, Hondas have only a 6 month warranty and the rest have from 1-3 years why is that? Any and all information is greatly appreciated please let me know the good and bads of all makes and models

Thanks,

Boxcar.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Look at the AC H1, lots of low end power with a high and low gear.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Agreed, and the AC comes with speedrack, which allows attatchment of almost any tool, hunting item, and anything else in seconds. Also it has a 2 inch reciever for trailers, and the best ground clearance, a top rated 4x4 system, and differential lock. I have one and love it!! Look at my pics.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

You might like a Polaris Sportsman 700 or 800 as well. They can carry more weight and tow 1500lbs, they weigh 770lbs dry more than any other ute out there.. which really helps when your towing or plowing..they have a very plush ride as well. And their 700/800 motors are twins and put out a lot of power.

The reason I didn't recommend the AC H1 is b/c I've heard it's all low end grunt, not much speed or acceloration throughout it's mid range and top end powerband and he said he's going to be trail riding so not just work. The AC H1 650 can't even beat a Sportsman 500 in a drag race, so the Polaris 700 and definitely 800 would blow it away speed wise, and they'd still tow what ever the H1 can.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, No comment from v2rider on the last post. Maybe he's on vacation....

Old 08-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a 650V2, which isnt a lowend puller anyway, but it will smoke toyboys 700, polaris 500, and sp700[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was waiting for Catterman to chime in on this one

Old 08-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

ill give you an honest answer because i was in your shoes a couple weeks ago and rode them all, and wanted one for trail riding as well as plowing. the polaris 800 is bad i hit the gas and right into a wheely, but, thats what i got the 450r for. It was too much. The AC 650 is nice and not like he said about all torque, it had plenty of power all around, if anything i thought it picked up in mid range, I ended up doing alot of research on forums from people who have had trouble with this machine or that, and bought my best bet for the hours of research and went with AC. although i didnt get the 650 i went bigger with the 700EFI. Hope this helps.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

The AC 700 uses the Suzuki King Quad's motor and it's got quite a bit more power and acceleration than the 650cc Artic Cat built motor in the H1. There's a replacement ECU coming out in the next few months for this motor from VDI that will really wake it up as well b/c it's severely detuned in stock form thourgh a timing retard and lean fuel mixture, the company making it already claims their AC 700 beat their AC 650 V2 by 10 ATV's lengths to 50 mph so enjoy beating AC 700's while it lasts V2 rider....and the V2 can't smoke a King Quad 700 I don't know where you got that from. AC 700 is one thing but the KING is another.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know for a fact i can beat the 700 kq stock. Ive already done it. But who cares, i was just playing around. Ive never raced a kq stock to stock, but if you want to line up your stock kq against me, go ahead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
You might like a Polaris Sportsman 700 or 800 as well. They can carry more weight and tow 1500lbs, they weigh 770lbs dry more than any other ute out there.. which really helps when your towing or plowing..they have a very plush ride as well. And their 700/800 motors are twins and put out a lot of power.

The reason I didn't recommend the AC H1 is b/c I've heard it's all low end grunt, not much speed or acceloration throughout it's mid range and top end powerband and he said he's going to be trail riding so not just work. The AC H1 650 can't even beat a Sportsman 500 in a drag race, so the Polaris 700 and definitely 800 would blow it away speed wise, and they'd still tow what ever the H1 can.
The Arctic Cat H1 will KILL a 500 Sportsman in a drag. Not even close, I don't know where you got this information from. However, the top speed of both is pretty close, so maybe that is what you are thinking about. But in a drag it is lights out. The H1 also has great midrange.

Quick Reply: New Utility Quad Which is best ??