Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Can you still buy a Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you still buy a Banshee?

Just wondering if you can still find any Banshee's on the show room floor and if not what should i look for when buying a used one? Im looking into buying a new sport quad and would like to buy a new banshee but since they dont make them anymore what should i look for when looking at used quads?

Old 02-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

there is 2005 banshees....im pretty sure 2006 ones too...they look the exact the same as they did in 1989..i would never buy a new one way better quads out there...

what type of riding are you going to do????

Old 02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word is that they did a huge run of them before they quit production. Should be a lot of them available for years to come. But, that machine is so old school, and with so many superb 4-strokes out there, why????

Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
DS2
Range Rover

Yes, you can still find '06 Banshees on showroom floors.

Reconranger:
"Word is that they did a huge run of them before they quit production. Should be a lot of them available for years to come. But, that machine is so old school, and with so many superb 4-strokes out there, why???? "

I bought my '06 new instead of every 450. I saved over $1500 which went toward other mods. Plus, I prefer old school and I like 2 strokes better than 4 strokes. I will eventually get a 4 poke, but right now there's an ATV war going on like never before and I want to see who/what comes out on top. Only when every 4 poke has 60+ hp, IRS, EFI, power steering, aluminum frame, etc.-etc., will I shop for one.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Red Rider

The Shee certainly has a thrilling motor, but I am talking more about the frame and suspension. I will take handling and suspension over motor any time, and that's what the Shee doesn't have.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

so should i look into a 450 instead of a banshee?? but money is a very big factor for me and also which 450 is better ive heard honda is.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Red Rider

If you like that 2-stroke powerband, you will really like the 450's! They are all that, and more........

I prefer the Honda, but I ride open desert. It's fast, and ultra stable at high speed.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
DS2
Range Rover

Originally posted by: reconranger
The Shee certainly has a thrilling motor, but I am talking more about the frame and suspension. I will take handling and suspension over motor any time, and that's what the Shee doesn't have.

I agree with you RR, so I used the $1500+ to buy Elka fronts and beadlock/holeshots.

The 450's are great machines and fast out-of-the-box. I can tell by reconrangers sig that he will disagree, but I think Honda has the worst stock 450 currently. They may win stuff, but it's not because the 450 is the best machine. Those Hondas are modded out and have support groups with tons of knowledge, money and resources.
Understanding that money is a factor, you get what you pay for. The 450's cost more and are a better machine in stock form. If you don't plan on throwing money at it to make it faster, then I would check them out. I bought my shee because I prefer 2 strokes, there're tons of aftermarket parts, and how many times can you buy a living legend...brand new! If they made the Quadzilla today, I would have purchased it. It's painfully obvious that it's a 4 stroke world. It's gonna take me time to adjust, but I'm sure as technology grows, so will my interest.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

i dont plan on putting any aftermarket parts on the bike after i buy it. If i do buy a 450 it will be a yamaha or a honda but do the 450's invovle alot of maintenance even if you leave it stock form???

Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jon06
i dont plan on putting any aftermarket parts on the bike after i buy it. If i do buy a 450 it will be a yamaha or a honda but do the 450's invovle alot of maintenance even if you leave it stock form???
actually the banshee will be a good deal more maint. than the 450's...with them its just valve adj. and putting in more oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Can you still buy a Banshee?