CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whats the real deal with the ds 90-x

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the real deal with the ds 90-x

I hear all this stuff that they are so slow and unreliable..need to be worked in order to go anywhere....

As many of you know im not the handiest guy with a motor..i can do basic shuff but i love the look of the and my kid is crazy over it...just been hearing bad things...

And i dont want to ever buy anything other than canam..so i am scared..

Help a brother out

Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

chirochris, the problem is that the 90 is made by Eton, and therefore it WILL have reliability problems.

IMHO you would be much better off buying the Arctic cat 90, which is made by Kymco, a much better company. I have had both the AC/Kymco ATVs (Arctic cat 50 and 90), and the Etons (50 and 250), and the AC/Kymco ATvs have worked great, whereas the Etons have screwed up (a lot on the case of the 90).

Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Ds 90x

Chris,
I was looking at the DS90X for my daughter last Christmas. I loved the nice wide stance from a safety perspective also the nice suspension and overall looks. I narrowed down too two machines the DS90x and the Polaris outlaw 90 mainly due to those machines having reverse unlike the Jap quads. So I inquired about both and took each for a spin in the lot of the dealership just to get a feel of how they performed. The Polaris smoked the DS as far as acceleration and throttle response, they both handled well and the ride on both were similar even with my large **** onboard. The strong point of the DS90X was the brakes (disk vs. drum) on the Polaris. I ended up going with the Polaris due to performance and price but also because there were 2 DS90's at the dealership for oil leaks from the engine case. Both were there for a month due to unavailability of parts and the one was back a second time for the same thing. The Outlaw 90 now has about 150-200 miles on it now with no issues thus far.
Just my experience. Good luck on your choice.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks...i was looking at that one also...we have a chinese kazuma 90 deluxe...what a heap...i dont even have the price tag off it yet and it has been broken at least 5 times...less than 2 hrs on it total ride time...not a scratch on it ...nothing...just carb issues..battery issues...exhaust fell off...just crap...gonna throw it out

Old 06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Originally Posted by Sep1
Chris,
I narrowed down too two machines the DS90x and the Polaris outlaw 90 mainly due to those machines having reverse unlike the Jap quads.
Actually, the 2009 Arctic Cat 90's do have reverse, and the DVX90 has an excellent front headlight - and you can get them in pink if you want.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Check,
My delaer doesn't carry the CAT's so I wouldn't know, but the pink thing is what really hooked my daughter. She wasn't liking the black at all.
I'm sure the CAT's run well, just no experience with them.
Can't really judge the youth ATV's of a particular manufacture based of the full size machines since most just put the stickers of the brand on and don't actually manufacture the thing.
My Renegade runs like a bat out of hell, youth models not so much. My wifes ATP 500 Polaris is on the dog side, Outlaw 90 runs with the best of them--go fig

Old 06-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sep1
Check,
My delaer doesn't carry the CAT's so I wouldn't know, but the pink thing is what really hooked my daughter. She wasn't liking the black at all.
I'm sure the CAT's run well, just no experience with them.
Can't really judge the youth ATV's of a particular manufacture based of the full size machines since most just put the stickers of the brand on and don't actually manufacture the thing.
My Renegade runs like a bat out of hell, youth models not so much. My wifes ATP 500 Polaris is on the dog side, Outlaw 90 runs with the best of them--go fig
Ah, Yes, Pink. Maybe if more had been available in the past, there would be more girls riding today!